Optimus Mini Three and Optimus Maximus- What's up?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by QuantumLo0p, May 11, 2009.

1. QuantumLo0p macrumors 6502a

QuantumLo0p

Is anyone using the Optimus Mini Three keyboard?

Has anyone heard any news about the Optimus Maximus keyboard, other than what is on Artemy Lebedev's site? Have they been selling them or are the keyboards still not released as of yet?

I was thinking about the Maximus and how big an impact it made when it was first revealed. I think it is still a very cool idea but when I looked at an image of it recently I could not not help but think the white part of the keyboard is looking a bit dated even though it has not yet shipped. Maybe I am used to the aluminum, sleek, simple elegance of the current Apple keyboards and the like. IMO, besides the cool-as-hell keys the rest of the keyboard is in serious need of some help before they turn it loose.

2. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

OLED = sweetness. I think it's cool but $1200 for a keyboard?

3. PhillStew macrumors member

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Apparently it's god-awful to type on. Giz said nigh-on unusable.

5. PhillStew macrumors member

I've heard this too, but for someone like me, the average techie who doesn't really code or anything, the cool factor is always going to be there with a product like this.