Option key??

gymdude55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Sorry everyone, i know this might sound like the most basic question EVER, but where is the Option key on my Macbook? When i try empty certain files from my trash my Mac tells me i must hold down Option key while emptying trash... but i can't locate it.

Thanks!

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Sorry everyone, i know this might sound like the most basic question EVER, but where is the Option key on my Macbook? When i try empty certain files from my trash my Mac tells me i must hold down Option key while emptying trash... but i can't locate it.

Thanks!
'Option' is the 'alt' key. 'Command' is the apple key.

Tosser

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2008
It's the key that says "Option" on it. What country are you in? It might not say it on they key if you're in a certain country. It's between Control and Command/Apple
Yup it certainly depends on the country. Mine has "Alt" and then that "alt"-symbol beneath it.

Tosser

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2008
MacBoobs,

Did you just add the picture, or did my browser just not render it the first time around?

schnetler

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2011
East Yorkshire, UK
Elusive option key

Thanks Guys!
I'm a new MacBook Pro user and had the same problem. Now I know! As mine only has the 'railway points' logo on it below the Alt, does it mean mine is an older model I wonder?