Option to assign wired/wirless?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by Natilus13, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Natilus13 macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I am wondering if any of you may know if this is possible. I am currently running OS X 10.6.1 and I am running Windows XP Pro through VMware Fusion. My machine is a MBP 2.14Ghz. I am currently connected to both a wired and wireless connection. I am wondering if there is someway to assign only the wireless connection for VMware to use. is this possible? Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks

2. belvdr macrumors 603

Most likely not. The free/consumer versions of VMware don't have these nice options compared to the ESX line.

3. Natilus13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there any way in the Mac OS to assign the network connection to VMware? I didn't think it would be possible to do it with the virtual machine, as it sees any connection as a wired one.

Thanks

4. belvdr macrumors 603

No, this would need to be done above the OS, within VMware. Now that I'm looking more closely, in VMware Server 2.0.1, there's a Virtual Network Editor, which has an Automatic Bridging tab. There's an option to exclude a NIC from the bridiging.