Option to lock personal apps

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GaryNoine, Aug 3, 2015.

1. GaryNoine macrumors member

GaryNoine

Anyone been praying for the option to put a password/touch id on the messages and photo apps? It's been my wishful thinking since my first iPhone. I don't get why it's a rumor each year that the new iOS will have this feature, yet it never comes to fruition. If I want to share my phone with someone, I should have the ability to put touch id on my personal apps, just for if they get curious. Wondering why this has yet to have been done.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No need for prayer on this. Jailbreakers have had this option for several years. I have it right now.

Apple probably does not implement it because there are a number of apps in the app store that give you passcode features already. Apple probably figures it's not necessary in that case. Nevermind you have to use a third party app though.

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

All security models make assumptions. In theory you unlocked your device before handing it over to someone, the security model still assumes you are the one in control.

Apple considers the entire device a personal device. And supplies locking at that level only. All I'm saying is, don't hold your breath.

4. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Use something else if that's what you're looking for.