Option to purchase iLife not available in App Store, only accept?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by milozauckerman, Apr 2, 2012.

1. milozauckerman macrumors 6502

I've found various threads on this, but they don't tend to give a lot of information.

I sold a mid-11 MBA to a friend when I got my iPad 3 as it covered my mobile needs. Her boyfriend reinstalled Lion for her from the recovery partition, but when they went to install the iLife suite, they couldn't. There's the option to 'accept' the apps, but they're tied to my iTunes account. None of us can find a way to enable purchasing the apps.

Currently, I've just given her my username and password to download and update them, but it's kind of a pain for her if she has to log back in as me to update (not sure if that's the case).

Is buying a iLife 11 DVD the only option, or am I just missing something that would enable their purchase? If so, do they sell them at the Apple Store so I don't have to order off of Amazon/bestbuy.com?

2. Ifti macrumors 68000

They need to buy the apps under their own MAS iTunes account. At the moment, they are tied to your account, as they were purchased by you. If you have logged to the MAS to redownload the apps etc, they could potentially download whatever they want under your account, and have it charged to you. Not the neatest way to do things if you are passing ownership.
    If you have logged out, they will be unable to run any updates on the apps until you log back in.

The easiest way to do things is for them to repurchase the apps under their own account, or to purchase the DVD.

3. artnat macrumors newbie

unauthorize the computer, you can look that up in google or the manual by using your apple-id. If it still doesn't work just contact apple support by e-mail och retail store. I got it fixed just with e-mail after several days.