option to turn off images in safari would be nice.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eplchamps0304, Oct 11, 2008.

1. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

It would be nice if you could disable images in safari if you didn't need to see it. This would make graphic intensive pages load much quicker.

2. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

I totally agree. I have been saying this ever since I got my iphone a few months after launch. Typically I dont surf to look at pics, Im going for content to read. Ive had several variation of the Tmobile Sidekick and a Blackberry before the iphone and both had the ability to turn off images for faster web surfing. I browsed with images off about 95% of the time.

3. shokosugi macrumors newbie

an option to turn off images AND text/banner Ads would be great.

4. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I could see that being useful when on EDGE, but it kind of defeats the whole design of MobileSafari and it's rich browsing experience.

Many sites have a mobile version, btw.

5. eplchamps0304 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

Since it would be optional it doesn't defeat anything. I was browsing gamspot.com, a site that has at least 20 images per page and it took a while to load each page. With the option to turn images off, the pages would have loaded much faster. Cutting down a page load from 40 seconds to 15 seconds is a great deal.

6. MacIIsi macrumors newbie

Give me something like adblock plus in Firefox and I'd be happy. Heck, I'd gladly pay for it.