Optional Installs on Leopard DVD

Discussion in 'macOS' started by oogje, Oct 26, 2007.

1. oogje macrumors regular

oogje

Can anyone shed some light on the Optional Installs package on the install disc. For example, what does it upgrade in Address Book or what is the optional iPod support?

Thanks.

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Optional installs only applies if you've done a custom install and not added everything. If you've done an easy install, you have it all already.

If, however, you've done a custom install and missed a few odds and ends, the optional installer will allow you to add those features later.

3. espoir macrumors member

there are only few things that you may customize installing leopard - language packs, x11, printer drivers ... the first check (main software or something like that) is grayed and cannot be modifyed? Why then there are custom installs such as Adress Book or iPod support??

4. oogje thread starter macrumors regular

oogje

Hi. I didn't do a custom install and yet there are many optional installs in a seperate Optional Installs package as espoir notes. If you have the Leopard install DVD, check it out.

My questions remain, thanks.

PS - here's what's presented:

Attached Files:

5. oogje thread starter macrumors regular

oogje

Having just come across the "Read Before You Install Mac OS X" from the Leopard Developers Preview, I think I understand now and believe you're correct.

Thanks.