Options for a 15" hard case (not a skin)?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CMD is me, Feb 28, 2009.

1. CMD is me macrumors 6502

I'm going to be traveling more with a MBP (airline + car) and don't want it to get banged around. Rhino skin makes a nice one, but rather pricey. I could just a padded laptop bag, but I'm looking to reduce the bulk. Any other case suggestions?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm sure you know there are dozens, if not hundreds of threads on this topic that you could search with MRoogle, for more recommendations. Personally, I like my booq Vyper M2. (Vyper M3 for unibody, since you didn't mention which you had) Best protection from a notebook sleeve I've ever seen!

[​IMG]

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

As GGJstudios you have two options.

The booq Vyper is a great choice, but if you need pockets for your power adaptor etc then:

Incase Nylon Sleeve with Handles for 15-inch MacBook Pro

[​IMG]

http://store.apple.com/us/product/T...&fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MjE0ODE5Nw&s=topSellers

Both are nice and soft with a fur lining inside to protect your laptop from scratches etc. The Incase is very slim, and lightweight, plus waterproof and looks fashionable.
    Theres lots and lots of threads on this if you search.

4. CMD is me thread starter macrumors 6502

Is the M2 looks great. I'm looking for a true hard case (molded plastic). My concern is photo equipment/bags might get stacked on top of any case. I want to keep the MBP from getting crushed.

I have the original 15 MBP.

5. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Check out the pelican hardback 1090. Best protection you can get.

6. New2MacOS macrumors member

I feel secure when I carry my MBP 15.4 inside a Booq Vyper M2 when I carry a backpack. I am intrigued with the Rhino-Skin and the Rad-tech hardcase,