Options for blogging from iPhone (and home computer)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dranakin, Aug 31, 2008.

1. dranakin macrumors 6502

1. Which blog host is best if you plan to blog from both your home computer and the iPhone? 'Best' meaning integration either through an App Store application, iPhone-compatible webpage, mobile uploads/e-mail posts, or web application.

2. Any applications you can suggest? I'm currently trying out ShoZu and Fuzzyshot (the latter is a great app, but it creates a specific photo blog only). I haven't taken a look at paid apps yet.

Thanks.

2. fteter macrumors member

Depends

Depends on which blog service you're using. I'm having good luck with LifeCast for posting to Blogger. I hear good things about several iPhone apps for posting to WordPress, but I personally don't use WordPress.

3. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

im on blogger, and i use email and cellspin. cellspin can record via the mic on the iphone and send it to blogger - and its flawless. cellspin works great for me and it can even post pics and stuff too

4. dranakin thread starter macrumors 6502

5. maxxscholten macrumors regular

I like to use wordpress -- it has a great interface on the computer and has a nice app for the iPhone.

Some website providers even have something built into the control panel of your website if you login on their website where it'll install everything for wordpress automatically -- mine did this and I think I'm using Hostmonster right now

6. Joe23 macrumors 6502

Just adding my support for Wordpress here. Very user-friendly interface and easily customisable - both in appearance and additional functionality.

Being able to take a photo and put it on your blog in a matter of seconds is just one of the brilliant features of the iPhone Wordpress app.

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Piling on the support for wordpress here as well. I use it on my blog. It's very customizable, there's tons of plug ins for it, and you can either host it yourself or have a blog on wordpress.com.

8. dranakin thread starter macrumors 6502

Really? I've read that WordPress is hard to use for anyone unfamiliar with HTML/graphics design; I was leaning towards Blogger because of that.

9. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

What about something that works with .mac, err mobile me (mobile meh). Have the space and despite the limitations, I have the site up for photo galleries that my extended family can see.

10. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Manzana

Wirelessly posted (White iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

I would be interested in setting up a blog with photos and voice using MobileMe as well...could you do this using Wordpress?

11. dranakin thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmmmm, I just looked through all this WordPress stuff and since I don't know anything about HTML or coding, it looks like I'm gonna have to go with Blogger.

12. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

i use blogger and just email my posts. i just got back from a m.c. trip and posted all the time. i tried wordpress and the app store for it, but i had already had my blogger blog, the app seemed to work just fine for it. you can also try something like facebook. the app for that works great and they are going to update the iphone app to have full functionality.