Options for changing from 16GB to 8GB?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by acousticbiker, Aug 21, 2008.

1. acousticbiker macrumors 6502

I purchased on 7/11 and am now considering changing from 16GB to 8GB. Does anyone know whether I can simply buy an 8GB from AT&T for $199 (assuming I would need to commit to 2 years from date of purchase) even as an established customer? If I do this and I sell by 16GB on eBay would the buyer be able to activate a used iPhone 3G? Any other suggestions for how I can make this switch?

2. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Why do you want to switch? What is the advantage? You want to go from more space to less?

3. acousticbiker thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm using 2GB at most so don't need the space and wouldn't mind saving at least $100 (more, if I can do the eBay thing---seems like 16GB are going for $600+)

4. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I would just keep it, but if you open another line...then you will have 2 under contract.

5. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

They will be able to use it. But you wont be able to re up your contract on the line you already bought a 3g for. So that means like said above you would have to add a line.

6. squeakyclutch macrumors member

squeakyclutch

hmmm....I don't think there are any rules concerning this, I think your best bet is to head down to your AT&T store to ask. I doubt they'll sell you another iPhone without a contract.

If your phone is defecive, you could ask for an 8gb when you get a replacement.