options for replacing logic board?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Craftysince86, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Craftysince86 macrumors newbie

so i had posted just recently about my mbp having a run in with some water...

when i hit the power button the key board lights up the fan kicks on and it seems like its about to start up for a split second then all goes dead

i took it in and he plugged it into a charger but it didn't recognize it so he thought maybe was a bettery problem, he plugged it into a different charger and it turned on completely! (of course when i try that at home it doesnt work) it was running fine he opened programs and everything, he shut it down and took it to the tech and the tech immediately said it was acting like it had damage from liquid so now idk where this thing stands or where i should go from here, he quoted me about $600 to replace the logic board

how do you guys feel about these logic board repair services? or is it better to just buy a whole new logic board? or... just buy a new mbp?

thanks!

2. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Might be best to tell us what MBP when asking for this advice.

3. Craftysince86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry... what info is needed?

It's just a 13" mid 2010 model I believe, not so much a computer guru hence why I joined the forum

4. Craftysince86 thread starter macrumors newbie

was able to get it on... fan stays on weird

Attached Files: