Options for saving full web page image?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by playethic, Nov 9, 2013.

1. playethic macrumors member

I've searched this in the forum but can't seem to find a related post though I think it's probably a really simple question!

I want to save a full webpage, not the PrtScr function where I only get the part of the webpage that's visible. I've tried a few different things without success. I thought there is an option somewhere to Print-Save as PDF? But can't seem to get that option. I'm using Chrome at the moment but willing to use any browser or free/inexpensive app.

Thanks

Lisa

----------

... and I'd really like it to look exactly like the webpage, not boxes with the colour gone, text faded etc.
    Thanks!

----------

And it would be great if it were something where I can put notes, arrows etc. quite easily

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

The Chrome Web Store has several free extensions you can download for Chrome to do just what you are asking. Just go to the link I provided and search the ones I listed below. I found these rather quickly so I am sure there are more available. I believe all 3 I listed are free extensions for Chrome.

Extensions:
    1. Webpage Screenshot Capture
    2. Awesome Screenshot: Capture & Annot...
    3. Screen Capture (by Google)

3. snorkelman macrumors 6502a

snorkelman

abduction for firefox seems to work ok (adds a right click option to Save Page as Image)

tried webpage screenshot for chrome However it point blank refuses to save full page screenshots on some sites for me (e.g. bbc.co.uk) then again I could just be using it wrong..

4. playethic thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

I will go and explore them in both browsers.
    Where do I go if I have added the extensions, and I want to use the extension I downloaded?
    Lisa

5. playethic thread starter macrumors member

Bit more help

Where do I go if I have added the extensions, and within the browser I want to use the extension I downloaded?

6. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

You should find a new icon within your browser toolbar as a new icon or under Window in the Chrome menu bar. Most capture extensions will have a camera icon. I have posted a couple of photos.

Attached Files:

7. subsonix macrumors 68040

In Safari you can just save as web archive, which saves the entire page including the needed resources.