Oral presentation on iPhone programming, what to say ?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by snowboarderz69, Feb 24, 2010.

1. snowboarderz69 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I have to do a oral presentation at university on iPhone programming that will last 18 to 30 minutes and I'm lacking of content.

Currently, I will talk about :
    -the objective-c and cocoa history.
    -Explain IB and iPhone simulator in xCode
    -Talk about the difference with web programming
    -frameworks

Here is where I need help. I need some more content but I don't know what to say..

Any ideas?
    Thanks alot :)

2. admanimal macrumors 68040

Well the first question is who is your audience? A related question would be whether you want to give a general overview of everything, or give specific details of how to do one thing (like a Hello, World app).

3. snowboarderz69 thread starter macrumors newbie

My audience is my group in University. We are web programmers (html, javascript php mysql etc...). I want to give them a general overview of everything because they wont understand anything if I show them C code.

4. amorya macrumors 6502

5. drf1229 macrumors regular

drf1229

It depends on how much you elaborate on each of the topics. If you can get enough info on your topics you can easily get over 30 minutes.

6. Buzz Bumble Guest

Easy-peasy.

Go up to the front and then for the entire 18-30 minutes rub your hands together, laughing like an evil genius, while some helpers shower you with $1 bills ... if that doesn't get their attention, then nothing will. ;)