Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Orange Announces iPhone for France

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

shigzeo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2005
Japan
oranges and apple

well, i do hope to hear that some good data plans and service is clinched to this. naturally this wont' be the first post. cheers

i want to finally get some positives comment for the service of the phone

Comment

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006
All those rumors getting true one after another kinda gets boring. I want the Powerbook G5 back :p

Price will probably be the same as in Germany.

Comment

neonfilm

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2007
Apple and Orange...

Apple and Orange!
Apple and Orange!

That's funny, after looking at your post I visited another news site that reported about this movie with Inspektor Columbo:

Comment

drater

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
The bowels of CT
Viva la Revolucion!

Steve's like a friggin' missionary right now. Can't wait for the iRaq iPhone. Probably will have some sort of mine searching widget or something cool.

Comment

k2k koos

macrumors 6502a
since I am on orange in the UK, I think something needs to change....
let the french have the O2 deal, and the UK get the orange deal, then I could have an iPhone on Orange, as I prefer their customer services way above that of O2... Or I should move to france....:apple:

Comment

hh83917

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2005
Nice...so is Jobs coming back to the US now to give us our 1.1.1 WITHOUT copy/paste, ichat, and Flash?... Probably improve stability?... :confused:

Comment

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Nice...so is Jobs coming back to the US now to give us our 1.1.1 WITHOUT copy/paste, ichat, and Flash?... Probably improve stability?... :confused:

You're confusing a useful update with a "die, hackers!" update.

Comment

mhfnyc

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2006
3g

Other than the apple mystique, why would a Euopean buy a phone that is not 3G equiped.????

Comment

xenotaku

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2005
two things i dont understand about the european release.....

why would anyone in europe buy a phone that is not 3G? That would be like us buying a macbook pro that only supported dial up internet. Also....what is the point of exclusive deals in europe, when anyone can just change out the SIM card and use any and every server on the continent?

Comment

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
two things i dont understand about the european release.....

why would anyone in europe buy a phone that is not 3G? That would be like us buying a macbook pro that only supported dial up internet. Also....what is the point of exclusive deals in europe, when anyone can just change out the SIM card and use any and every server on the continent?

Maybe people don't care about 3G as much as we think? You certainly don't need it when showing movies and photos to people when you're face to face with them in the pub or at uni.

Comment

hdasmith

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2006
Newcastle upon Tyne
As I've said many times, lots of people have 3G on their phone, and don't use it, that's why people will buy a non-3G phone. This goes more so with a Wi-fi enabled phone with free use of The Cloud and my uni network. I'm either there or at home so I don't need 3G to surf quickly.

Comment

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
since I am on orange in the UK, I think something needs to change....
let the french have the O2 deal, and the UK get the orange deal, then I could have an iPhone on Orange, as I prefer their customer services way above that of O2... Or I should move to france....:apple:

It does strick me as odd that they didn't go with one provider across the board. It would be seriously cool for one company to do that, and maybe offer lower rates when roaming. Who cares anyway...

Comment

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
This fragmentation of networks for the European release just doesn't make any sense to me. I hope Steve has a pretty good reason other than who was prepared to sacrifice the biggest chunk of their revenues in each market!

I'm a bit jealous of France and Germany, the first time I could ever say that! Why do we have to get lumbered with O2? :(

Comment

connectcctv@mac

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2007
Orange IPHONE

This is strange, As orange is still in the main a UK company (but owned by a French company) and bar far has the best data support, customer service of any UK network. Why was O2 chosen in the UK on Orange in France. Money i guess. SO SAD:mad:

Comment

cliffjumper68

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2005
Castle Rock, Colorado
I guess after the UK announcement all the other companies got impatient for their announcements. I would have expected apple to make the announcement in similar style as the UK.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.