Orange Box and CoD4

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Mike Teezie, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I just tried both of these games today at my friend's house. I only played each game for about half an hour each, but I was really shocked at how much I liked them.

I wouldn't think of myself as a fps kind of guy, but these games both hooked me in the few minutes I got to spend with each of them.

Call of Duty 4, while a shooter like Halo 3, has such a different feel. The super frantic gameplay of the campaign is wonderful. Nice graphics, and I think they'll be even nicer on my HD tv.

Orange Box, specifically Team Fortress 2, was awesome. It's like playing a cartoon. Love the art direction, love the cheeky feel, love the gore. Hilarious, and simply fun.

I've actually never played Half Life or HL2, so I'm looking forward to getting to experience that. I don't know much about Portal, but it's my friend's favorite.

I know this is kind of "duh" as these are both very popular titles, I just wanted to share my admiration of them. After the utter disappointment of Assassain's Creed, I'm looking forward to getting this when I get my Xbox back from Microsoft.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Bought both a while back and have still to play them both other than briefly, but both are great games .....

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

My Caroline isn't a big fan of FPS games but she's all over the Orange Box. It's a bit more inviting compared to Yet Another FPS with Portal and TF2.

Personally I love TF2 and it's the game I've been addicted to since they launched the open beta a month before the real launch. The best visuals I've seen in an FPS.

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i've never been into first person shooters. never played counter strike, half life or halo. my very first fps was metroid prime for the ds, and it intrigued me. i think the orange box is going to be my first real fps purchase. i hope i like it. :)

5. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Yep I have both of these too (for 360) and love them. CoD4 was so immersive, so gritty. Orange Box, although I haven't checked out TF2 yet, is also a blast. HL2 is a fun classic-style FPS, and I think Portal is probably one of my favorite games of all time. Very creative, makes you think, and it's hilarious! "In dangerous testing environments, the Enrichment Center promises to always provide useful advice. For instance, the floor here will kill you. Try to avoid it."