Orange box on boot camp; iMac support requested

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Williaint, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Williaint macrumors newbie

I recently bought The Orange box. You see, After getting the newest iMac, I had read a few places over the internet HL2 was working on boot camp, and felt I may as well try to join in the fun. If it's working on macbooks with lesser power-statistics, than why can't I get the programs to launch?
    Reading Valves support pages were of little help, and I am still waiting from a response, so I thought I'd post a s fellow Mac-user site to see if there was someone here who could give me the low-down, or help of some kind.

Is it because I'm using Vista? Windows says I have dX10... and all the most recent updates, so any help will be VERY helpful.

2. ildondeigiocchi macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

3. Williaint thread starter macrumors newbie

Right, So that's why I'm asking for help... it doesn't get past the launch screens.

4. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

might be a problem with your graphics card driver... orange box runs excellent with vista on my mbp so vista definately isn't the issue... can you run any other games through the steam client?

5. Williaint thread starter macrumors newbie

Not any of the OB ones. Portal Opens to the credits, and then crashes. But that is basically video.
    HL2 always seems to be unavailable or something. I'm going to try and uninstall, and reinstall again later, but I doubt it will do anygood.

6. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

did you install leopard boot camp drivers when you installed vista?

7. ildondeigiocchi macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

8. Williaint thread starter macrumors newbie

Leopard Boot camp drivers?
    You mean off, say the 'Common media' disc one two? When I inserted either CD, It opened to some Mac stuff unavailable to vista. Maybe I should try again?

9. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

your leopard install dvd contains windows drivers for your mac hardware

10. Williaint thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, It works now ( least HL2:ep2) the others have some error in which they need to be found, so, I think I may re-install The Orange Box.

Thanks for getting me to try myLeopard disc again, otherwise I would have spent hours and hours looking for alternate online for solutions.