Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brotherofmetal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
Hey there, new here. I'm currently using a somewhat older eMac with a G4 CPU in it (1.2 GHz), I really want to get my steam account working on it and run TF2 or Portal. I tried using the CrossOver trial but it won't work due to it not supporting PowerPC based macs. Anyway to get it to run at all?

opeter

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2007
Slovenia
I tried using the CrossOver trial but it won't work due to it not supporting PowerPC based macs. Anyway to get it to run at all?

Yes buy yourself an iMac (cause that one has a relative decent GPU for running Orange Box) or maybe the better option is: go out and buy a PC. :cool:

airjuggernaut

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2007
I would honestly suggest getting a PC for any games you might want to play.

I've had an iMac for about a month now...and I find it such a pain in the *** to either have to restart and go into Bootcamp for games, or use crossover, which causes weird glitches and problems in games sometimes.

Unless if you play other games like WoW, Halo, Madden, etc Which have Mac Versions. Just go get a nice cheap PC, get a decent Video card, and your good to go.

Plus the G4 Cube is really old, it wouldn't be able to Run ANYTHING that doesn't have a mac Version because of the lack of an Intel chip, and the video card being really old.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
It isn't going to work. Which is a shame as HL2 (the original) would run great on my PowerBook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.