Orange Box on G4 PowerPC based macs?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by brotherofmetal, Nov 24, 2007.

1. brotherofmetal macrumors newbie

Hey there, new here. I'm currently using a somewhat older eMac with a G4 CPU in it (1.2 GHz), I really want to get my steam account working on it and run TF2 or Portal. I tried using the CrossOver trial but it won't work due to it not supporting PowerPC based macs. Anyway to get it to run at all?

2. redraidermacman macrumors regular

nope, not that i know of and not that i have read anywhere...

3. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Definitely not...your Mac is far too old and not Intel-based.

--Eric

4. opeter macrumors 65816

opeter

Yes buy yourself an iMac (cause that one has a relative decent GPU for running Orange Box) or maybe the better option is: go out and buy a PC. :cool:

5. airjuggernaut macrumors 6502a

I would honestly suggest getting a PC for any games you might want to play.

I've had an iMac for about a month now...and I find it such a pain in the *** to either have to restart and go into Bootcamp for games, or use crossover, which causes weird glitches and problems in games sometimes.

Unless if you play other games like WoW, Halo, Madden, etc Which have Mac Versions. Just go get a nice cheap PC, get a decent Video card, and your good to go.

Plus the G4 Cube is really old, it wouldn't be able to Run ANYTHING that doesn't have a mac Version because of the lack of an Intel chip, and the video card being really old.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It isn't going to work. Which is a shame as HL2 (the original) would run great on my PowerBook.