Orange Box PS3 on clearance @ Target $30.

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by skrutzen, Apr 23, 2008.

1. skrutzen macrumors regular

Just a heads up for everyone. I was at Target tonight in Pasadena, CA and I saw that they had The Orange Box on clearance on one of their end caps. The had roughly ten copies. I'm not 100% sure of the exact price but it was $29.xx. Anyway, this is an incredible deal. I got it a couple of months ago when they had it for on sale for $39. Anyone on the fence about this game should pick this up. It's a no-brainer.

A couple of other things I noticed on clearance:
    PS2/3 compatible Logitech USB Microphone (looks exactly like the Rock Band mic) $7.88.
    Pysclone 6.6ft HDMI cable $9.88.

Anyway, just thought you guys might be interested. Also, all Targets vary in their stock on hand so YMMV.

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check my local store tomorrow

3. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Well, I already have it. But this is a pretty sweet deal.

4. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Bugger. I bought it not too long after the game(s) came out on the PS3...and have yet to get to playing it (it's still in the plastic wrapping). If I only would have waited until I actually had time to play it, I would have saved myself $30 with this most excellent deal. :( Ah well.

5. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Wow, you still haven't even opened it! Come on, play it :D. Now :mad:. :D

6. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Clearance at Target is done on a managers' discretion.

So this is one of those YMMV. Nice find though. (We need a Hot Deals part like HardForum has)

I know a lot of times with Target the prices carry over the district.

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

The game is great on the PS3....HL2: E2 does have some dips in framerate but its not that bad.

TeamFortress 2 is great......I love that game and play it just as much as I do R6V2.

Bless

8. pcypert macrumors 6502

9. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

No it's not. What and when an item goes clearance is either decided automatically by each store's system partly based on how the product sells in each store or by corporate (old models making way for new ones). There are very complicated algorithms that take the enormous amounts of data received each day and figure out what to do. This is why clearance varies store by store expect during major department transitions ... where old models are clearanced out to make room for new product.

But yeah, sweet deal if you can find it at your store.

10. evan g macrumors regular

11. Freyqq macrumors 68040

orange box gives me motion sickness for some reason..no other videogame does that..idk why

12. pcypert macrumors 6502

Funny you should say that. For some reason the Half Life port on the old XBox also was the only game to ever give me motion sickness. My Uncle, Cousin and I all experienced it. Played through about 4 levels of Half Life and all were about to vomit :D . Have yet to play beyond Portal on my Orange Box...possibly after I finish Eternal Sonata, but will probably be on GTA4 (which I already have :p )

Paul

13. evan g macrumors regular

yeah if half life makes you want to puke, portal (in a few situations) WILL make you puke. I enjoyed portal, but once i got to like the 15th lvl, i got to pissed to play it. i played tf2 mostly. I'm sure ill pick up portal again soon.