Orange Iphone 4 purchasing experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by touchman, Jul 19, 2010.

1. touchman macrumors member

Hi everyone, it's been a while since i last posted, i have been waiting patiently for the release of the infamous iphone 4, i am about 95% sure about buying one, has anyone purchased their IP4 from an orange shop and if so what is the process like, do the units come with the SIM already in or do they unseal the box to install it etc.., i basicaly just want to know if they provide a good or bad service generaly, also i'm buying the unit PAYG i wouldn't sign a phone contract for a gold rolex.

Cheers!

2. emkwan macrumors regular

emkwan

Interesting. I'v been considering orange too. But not sure about payg. They don't have very good sim only packages. And ATM the orange website claims they have no sim only package for za iPhone 4

3. joe8232 macrumors regular

Hey guys, I bought my iPhone 4 with orange and I have a few warnings for you. The actual ordering was great - I got a 32gb model delivered within 3 days complete with a micro sim and a temporary number. I then rang to try and transfer over my old phone number which was on their sim only iphone plan. Firstly the chap said that this cannot be done, I said 'well why not that seems a bit silly'. He then said 'the only way to do it would be to transfer your number onto pay as you go and then onto the iphone'. I said,' lets do that then, i have a pay as you go sim lying around'. He said, 'no can do we will send one out and it will take up to 30 days' [this was two weeks ago] and that is where I am at the moment. Paying two contracts [£60 pm total] and can't really use my new iphone properly :(

I tried cutting my old sim down to size but it didn't work - I think I cut it too much ;( which is annoying because the practice one I did first worked perfectly :p