Orange "iPhone Alternatives"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by taylor200588, Nov 22, 2008.

1. taylor200588 macrumors regular

taylor200588

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Response:

Uh, yeah: they take the iPhone design, twist it into an ungodly corruption of inelegance and occasionally throw a physical keyboard in there.

OR:

Why would you want to? :D

3. Beardy man macrumors regular

In all the places I regularly go, the O2 3G coverage is non-existent. I've been waiting for an Orange iPhone since the abortive July rumour about an Orange iPhone arriving in October (now come and gone). Now there is another rumour about February. I suspect there will be another rumour after that as a lot of people want an iPhone but don't want O2.

I have owned lots of Apple stuff (almost a fanboy) but I ain't buying anything that won't do half the things it's supposed to do because of Apple partnering with the worst telco of them all (in the UK) - the ONLY telco threatened with a massive fine for not rolling out 3G to the required minimum standard. O2 won't tell me when they hope to get 3G in my locale so I'll be getting a 3G phone from Orange this Xmas, haven't decided which one yet but a mediocre phone that works has to be better than an iPhone that won't work.

It's only an 18 month contract so I'll see what's available in May 2010 - hopefully an Orange iPhone cuz I can't see O2 spending anything on their appalling network without being theatened - and to be honest, getting the iPhoone has given them the lifeline they needed to keep up with the big boys without doing ANYTHING.

Not happy with Apples biz plan on this - especially as Jobs said "we pick each partner to be a good fit with Apple's ethos". So why pick Orange for France but dump us with O2 (unless the ethos is "sod the customer, we want the most money in the shortest time)?

4. macbookairapple macrumors regular

When someone mentions smartphone the general public will be thinking iphone, like mp3 people think ipod.