Orange or 02!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by perry245, Sep 7, 2010.

1. perry245 macrumors member

Hey so thinking about buying an iphone 4 and not sure weather to go with orange or 02, does any one perfer being on a particular network and if so why?

cheers

2. adztaylor macrumors 68000

You might want to look at the 3G coverage in your area on both networks if that's one of the things you're contemplating. Orange are better I think for coverage (especially now with their merger with T-Mobile)

I'm with T-Mobile and love them their customer service, coverage has been excellent but others have had problems. I think area is a big thing.

3. Fraaaa macrumors 65816

Fraaaa

In London both Orange and O2 have a good coverage as far as I know. I tried them both and where both ok for me, now I'm on Vodafone and I regret it, because has weaker signal and crappy 3G network.

I remember that Orange was a bit more expensive when I checked for the iPhone 4, I would go with O2 anyway.

4. abta1 macrumors 6502

I'm with O2 atm, simplicity 20 with iPhone 4 and from my experience the 3G coverage is quite poor for where I live. A friend who is on Tmob has generally much better coverage.

It all depends on your area though so check the coverage.

5. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

I have stuck with O2 and believe they have, on average, better coverage. My friend has iPhone on orange and more times than not I get better signal.

Although O2 customer service is not always brilliant, I can't remember the last good thing I heard about orange equivalent.

6. milamber macrumors regular

If you're thinking of o2 then why not give Tesco Mobile a look as well. They piggy back off o2 service so whatever your signal is like with o2 it will be the same with Tesco Mobile too.

Just got off the phone with them today enquiring about a sim only plan for the iPhone 4 and I got £15 30 day rolling contract that includes 250minutes 3000 sms and 3gb worth of data.

7. shandyman Suspended

downside to not going with o2 is no visual voicemail, i'm with orange and thats the only thing i am missing, otherwise all is great

8. adztaylor macrumors 68000

I use the app HulloMail for visual voicemail. It's really good.

9. shandyman Suspended

i'm not that fussed to go to the effort of setting that up, getting call diverts set up and that. orange customer service can take a while to get thru to. i'll wait, rumours are they will have it by end of year, i'm not really that fussed as pressing the voicemail button in phone calls my voicemail anyway.

10. adztaylor macrumors 68000

I didn't have to call customer service, took minutes to set up for me, and with one press you can easily deactivate it. It is better in the long run for me though as T-Mobile charge to access your voicemail whereas HulloMail uses your inclusive monthly minutes which is much better.

11. shandyman Suspended

according to the set up you have to do a call divert for unanswered calls, so that put me off. as i said, i'm really not bothered enough to put the effort in anyway.