orange or vodafone datacaps compared to o2?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidjtaylor07, Feb 18, 2010.

1. davidjtaylor07 macrumors member

hi i am currently out of my o2 contract and am currently on their sim only deal, now i am considering moving to either vodafone or orange, but the thing is how rigorously do they enforce their datacaps? the thing is i have a slingbox setup and up now have had no problems with o2 regarding data useage on 3g, i do realize that both vodafone and orange have superior networks but will i be disadvanged by their megre datacaps? any thoughts?
    d

2. Internaut macrumors 6502a

When I bought my 3GS from the Orange shop, they described the limit as a soft limit and explained that Orange would only take action against repeat offenders. Orange also supply access to BT hot spots (same limit as 3G data).

3. SAFC2403 macrumors member

if you're out of contract with o2 look at the iphone simplicity tariff. much better than what either orange or vodafon can offer pricewise. I was on the lowest iphone tariff and that was 30 quid a month and i now get more mins and texts for 20 quid.

4. charltonx macrumors member

I switched to Vodafone because I never go anywhere near the 500mb limit they set on their sim only deal, but I asked the guy about the limit and he said they weren't strict on it at all, but then he was trying to sell me the deal; all I can say is I've never met or heard of anybody on Vodafone that have had a warning about excessive data usage.

Be warned though if you use it, Vodafone's deals do not include MMS like O2, I've had to pay an extra £2 a month for 50 MMS; I've also got the £35/month iPhone deal with Vodafone that the GF uses and even that doesn't include MMS, which is shabby if you use it.

5. androiphone macrumors 65816

look into 3 mobile, 1GB of data is only £5 and they allow it for everything and won't try to cut off stuff like iplayer or youtube, every deal comes out cheeper than O2, orange or vodafone