Orange screen (of death?) flashes on boot

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kzav, Mar 4, 2011.

1. kzav macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm on a late 2008 Alu MacBook on 10.6.6 and recently I've seen that my screen flashes orangewhen I boot my Mac up. It boots normally on the white screen with apple loge, then the blue screen shows up and then it goes orange for about one second. I'\ve seen it occur a couple times now, and I'm concerned.

Is this the screen of death? I've verified my permissions and the SMART status of my HDD, nothing really seems wrong.

Can you help me about what I should do? Maybe reinstall my OS? My Mac is lagging quite a bit lately, often taking way too much time for what should be quick tasks.

Thanks in advance.

2. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

I don't know where the orange is coming from. The OS X equivalent of BSOD is a Kernel Panic but that just displays text asking you to power off your Mac and restart. I can only assume that this may be hardware related if it's happening at boot.

You could try resintalling the OS and see if it persists if your Mac is getting a tad slow anyway. It will help determine if it's a hardware issue or not.