Orange Sim 2g or 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SteveF1, Dec 3, 2009.

1. SteveF1 macrumors newbie

This is my first thread, so please be gentle with me.
    I currently have a Buisness Orange contract phone through the company that i work for. There are a couple of questions I would like to ask.

1. If I was to purchase a iPhone does it matter if it is a 2g or a 3g iPhone.
    2. Dependant on the answer to No.1 will the Sim associated with the company buisness contract work in an iPhone and will the phone need to be unlocked.

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Steve :)

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

I'm guessing that you're in the UK.

If the phone is bought from Orange, then any Orange SIM should work in it. If your company contract includes data then you'll be best with a 3G or 3GS.

There were reports a month ago that O2-locked phones would switch over to Orange without being unlocked: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=814608. This was a few days before Orange went live with their iPhone sales and contracts. I assume this would still happen as there have been no software updates that I'm aware of since then, but I'm not 100% certain of that.