Orange UK Carrier File download available

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DaveTaylor, Nov 4, 2009.

1. DaveTaylor macrumors 6502

Little bit of news, Orange UK Carrier Settings is now downloadable for use.

I have been with Orange UK on my factory unlocked iPhone 3GS for 1/2 months now and I plugged my iPhone into iTunes today, and I got the usual carrier settings update box. However once installed it doesn't allow you to change Cellular Data Network information as shown in these two seconds for you. Also there is no visual voicemail.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. FXT 1 macrumors 6502

I just popped an Orange Pay and Go SIM that was lying around in to my Locked O2 iPhone and it works!! :eek: Although the signal is weak where i am.

P.s I installed the carrier update, and either its me or something has happened to the Orange font :confused:

3. DaveTaylor thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes the font has changed lol.

4. marktownsend macrumors newbie

Orange carrier update

I got my carrier update yesterday too and noticed the removal of network settings. Slightly worried that they won't come back when I put another SIM in when abroad.

I have a feeling that visual voicemail depends on your contract, so I assume that those of us on non-iPhone Orange contracts wont get it, in the same way that O2 pay as you go customers don't.

It would also be interesting to know if those of us with legally unlocked iPhones (mines from Italy) will be allowed to switch to an iPhone contract without being tied down for 18 months, so we can upgrade to the "4G" when it appears.

5. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze