Orange users - Reception

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maximus.darby, Jun 25, 2010.

1. maximus.darby macrumors newbie

Anybody got the iPhone 4 on orange have any reception issues??

i'm not talking about the whole 'touch the left corner and it drops', i'm talking about generally having poor signal EVERYWHERE?

or is it just me...

2. Fraaaa macrumors 65816

Fraaaa

Where are you located?

First time Orange user?

3. maximus.darby thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm in Worcester, If you tap WR3 into orange coverage it doesnt say it's bad at all...

and yeah, i'm a first time orange customer after leaving t-mobile

4. Mr dj mo macrumors member

Try turning 3G off to see if that improves you're normal signal , I'm having problems with orange at my place of work at the moment and it's due to the 3G mast having errors in the software.

5. maximus.darby thread starter macrumors newbie

Are these errors going to be fixed??

alot of people are saying that animation problems are in the current software i.e. Signal bars showing no signal, but actually could be full? is there any truth in this......i'm imagining the 4gs already lol

6. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

No issues here on Orange at all. It's more exciting to have phone signal in my house than it is to have iPhone 4! O2 had zero service here even though their map claimed otherwise.

7. Ol!ver macrumors 6502a

I've moved to Orange from O2 and can't work out whether the iPhone 4 is the problem or Orange. According to the reception checker my house should have great coverage, but it's constantly showing No Service and pushing calls to voicemail.

8. IusedtobeaPC macrumors newbie

Popped into the Orange shop in Worcester at lunchtime today as I'm getting the same issues - 2/3 bars at most and VERY intermittent 3G(Warndon Villages - WR4)

Apparently there is work being done on several of the cell towers at the moment in preparation for the merger with T-Mobile and it's causing a lot of issues / signal degradation.

The store assistant promised it "wouldn't be for long" and that she had noticed the same thing living nearby.

Not the best news, but at least only temporary (hopefully)

Funnily enough I'd not switched to Vodafone because the reception in this area is appaling and the coverage checker showed excellent on Orange! Meh!

Incidentally, the city centre was 5 bars and 3G.

Hope that helps

9. Ol!ver macrumors 6502a

I found a fix for my issue - took it back to Apple and cancelled the contract. Got a new iPhone 4 on my original O2 contract that I hadn't yet cancelled :)

10. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

Try a manuel network selection, it usually fixes this issue, but make sure you select another network first, dismiss the connection lost message and then select Orange.

OP, what is your full postcode? i work for orange and can check if there are any outages and when it'll be sorted if you like? :)

Oh and also, due to the merger between Orange and T-Mobile, in a feqw months it'll be a case that if your handset can't pick up Orange signal, it'll switch to the T-Mobile coverage, so your pretty much always definatly get coverage

11. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Actually the other way. It's reporting more signal than you actually have. Orange must just have really poor coverage where you live or too low for the iPhone 4 anyway. If it really never improves no matter where you are then I'd exchange it for another phone but if it continues I'd bring the phone back and get a refund. The signal isn't going to improve from the software update.

12. brightlights macrumors regular

I was once on Orange with a previous phone... couldn't get a signal within 5 miles of my house despite being in an area with supposedly good coverage.