Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maximus96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
With ORB Live i'm currently able to stream mp3, photo and live TV. However when I tried to stream my video files, I get an error telling me it can't open the video. anybody have any ideas why? my video files are regular divx avi files. i was under the impression that i do not need to re-encode them or anything.

Four20

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2007
can you normally play these video files on the computer with the orb server installed?

maximus96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
yes normally I can play them with no problems on vlc player

donaldj

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Video works fine for me too... It didnt work at the beginning because they were still being indexed, but that was over quickly.

I don't have LiveTV cause i'm too lazy to
a) Run a cable from my TV to my PC
b) Install a new cable line to my PC
c) Cheap to get one of those wireless things to connect one to the other.

The internet TV works fine too.

maximus96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
how long does it take to index? anything special i need to do after i add a directory in the media box?

also, i have a directory of movies, under it are individual directories for each movie. when i go to browse folder in ORB, it doesn't show anything. does anybody have this problem?

donaldj

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
Ontario, Canada
how long does it take to index? anything special i need to do after i add a directory in the media box?

also, i have a directory of movies, under it are individual directories for each movie. when i go to browse folder in ORB, it doesn't show anything. does anybody have this problem?

Depends on the folder... I had one about 4-5 directories deep, and it took a few minutes.

greekman

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2008
Orb Live Problems Plz Help

I have an ipod touch 1.1.4 jailbroken, supposedly orb live works. But when I go into installer and attemp to install orb live, it downloads it, but when it is installing the package it stops half way through and exits installer. So please help, thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.