ORB over 3G not working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by richg916, Jan 22, 2009.

1. richg916 macrumors regular

Is anyone else having a problem streaming over the ORB application using 3G?? Mine works fine over Wifi, but when I switch over to 3G it isn't working.

2. markgamber macrumors 6502

Working ok for me. Check your bandwidth, maybe 3G is slow in your area or something.

3. Lara F macrumors 6502a

Yep - there seems to be an issue with AT&T at least in certain areas (including mine in NYC unfortunately). :mad: Check out this thread:
    http://forums.orb.com/viewtopic.php?t=15538&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

What seems to help is logging onto mycast.orb.com in mobile Safari, then closing it and immediately opening the Orb app. That's the only way I've gotten it to work over 3G yesterday.

4. markgamber macrumors 6502

Yeah, I do know 3G has been pretty hit-and-miss around here for the past few days. I found that turning down the quality of the picture (via the slider control) helped but half the time Orb would give up, the reason being it couldn't connect. Next attempt would connect ok but quality would be poor. *shrug*...it's AT&T where quality and consistency are mutually exclusive.