Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arcangel6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Wisconsin
Did anyone else notice that Orbino's forum has been down for the last few days? It is such a nice looking case. Too bad they can't get their customer service working better.

Mr. Biggles

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
Western New York
The Orbino case rocks. I'm calmer now that I have it.

My suggestion to anyone ordering from Orbino (or maybe any other handcrafted manufacturer) is to order and forget it.

That 'deep red' color looks great now that I see it on the case. Real nice.

I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment on ordering from Orbino. Patience beyond comprehension.

Mr. Biggles

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
Western New York
Did anyone else notice that Orbino's forum has been down for the last few days? It is such a nice looking case. Too bad they can't get their customer service working better.

Weird. Last time it was taken down was to remove mostly complaint posts, and that only took a day. They just don't get it I'm afraid. Have one of the best leather case's on the market and they just keep f'in it up customer relations wise.

arcangel6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Wisconsin
Weird. Last time it was taken down was to remove mostly complaint posts, and that only took a day. They just don't get it I'm afraid. Have one of the best leather case's on the market and they just keep f'in it up customer relations wise.

Yeah, it is STILL down. It is unfortunate since it such a nice case and that Croc one is 'off the hook man!'

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
Thanks for the clear pictures of the case. You did a better job than the company did in presenting the case.

I think the stitching, on the side that is not all evident in any of the pictures on the web site, is really awful. Had I ordered this based on those pictures and received this I would have been terribly upset.

I was actually reconsidering this case until I saw that.

Sorry Mr. Biggles!

Mr. Biggles

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
Western New York
Thanks for the clear pictures of the case. You did a better job than the company did in presenting the case.

I think the stitching, on the side that is not all evident in any of the pictures on the web site, is really awful. Had I ordered this based on those pictures and received this I would have been terribly upset.

I was actually reconsidering this case until I saw that.

Sorry Mr. Biggles!

Hey, don't be sorry. That stitching is trademark Orbino. It's typical of their case design for their iPhone and iPod case's. It's actually meticulously hand sewn and looks custom, much better than something done on a sewing machine.

cmoore49

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2008
Finally got a response from Orbino.
My case is supposed to ship on June 18th.
I agree, the best thing to do with Orbino is to place order and then forget about it. No stress involved this way. Then 2 months later you get a nice surprise.

digitalfx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2007
My black case finally arrived...well worth the wait (2 months)

Attachments

• orbino2smb.jpg
    orbino2smb.jpg
    992.9 KB · Views: 204

NorthViking

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Delays..

I ordered (and paid) for my iPad case April 18th. But, still no case. It hasn`t been shipped. My order status only shows processing, and that was updated 5 days ago. It`s more than two months!

The only reason why I am patient is because I bought my iPhone 3G case from them 2 years ago and I love it. That one I ordered 14 July 2008 and received it August 20th.

Here`s some pics of my iPhone case taken today:

a0be5e.jpg

25teyc9.jpg

NorthViking

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Nothing..

Hmm still haven`t received the iPad leather case that I bought from Orbino April 18th. Hoping to hear from them soon..... I am losing my patience..

cmoore49

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2008
Finally got mine. 2 months to the day.
I do like it but there are so many nice leather cases now. If this had been designed for landscape mode instead of portrait I would be very happy.
Very nice quality and of course the great smell of leather.
Guess I'll keep it but would consider selling if someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse. It's the brown leather shown on the website.

Spiddlydot

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010
What was your order number.

I ordered my Padova cover on April 28th, but cannot get any replies from them whether it is ready to be shipped or not.
What was your order number please.
My order number is 6013.

Footnote: I've just had a reply from Orbino - they will ship the case on the 12th July.

cmoore49

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2008
my order number was 6001 and I ordered on the 28th also.
they shipped without sending me a tracking number.
they did say that it was going to ship one week but then had some delays and then it just showed up on my porch.
over all I am happy but not as impressed as I was hoping to be.

NorthViking

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Order

Purchase date: April 18th, Order nr. 5917, Due for shipping July 6th

Hope it`s here before christmas..

Strange that people who purchased after me allready got it???

NorthViking

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
No change..

Nope, still no word regarding shipping. It was due for shipping July 6th.
In 10 days it is 3 months since I made the purchase.

Come on Orbino!!!

ics55

macrumors regular
May 18, 2010
Order number 6335 in 2 weeks??

Folks

My order number is 6335. I ordered on 5/31. Out of curiosity, I emailed them to check status, and got a response that it would ship in the next 2 weeks. It's a basic black Padova. Given the other comments I have seen here, that seems pretty optimistic. What do others who have placed orders think??

Thanks!

ChocolateApple

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
New York
Folks

My order number is 6335. I ordered on 5/31. Out of curiosity, I emailed them to check status, and got a response that it would ship in the next 2 weeks. It's a basic black Padova. Given the other comments I have seen here, that seems pretty optimistic. What do others who have placed orders think??

Thanks!

I like it, but as I posted earlier, the wait for me was long.

I've found that it bruises easily. The leather scratches very easily, unlike Vaja's. That may mean that it's great quality, I don't know. But on day 1, mine already got scratched. Now, it has indentions all over the place, so it basically needs a case of its own.

NorthViking

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Arrived

Finally, after 3 months, my Orbino case arrived today.

I must say, after paying a top notch price I was expecting a top notch product. The case is nice, but the holes for the volume control is not a good solution. Also, there`s no hole for the tilt/screen lock. You have to take the iPad out of the case to turn the screen lock on.. Not very functional..

P1010192.jpg

P1010204.jpg

ics55

macrumors regular
May 18, 2010
Jusr curious - what was your order # ? I'm on week 8, and i'm wondering where I am in the queue.

Based on your comments, I'm wondering if I made a bad decision :confused:

NorthViking

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Jusr curious - what was your order # ? I'm on week 8, and i'm wondering where I am in the queue.

Based on your comments, I'm wondering if I made a bad decision :confused:

My order date was April 18th. So you probably have to wait 4 more weeks. It's a nice case, but not worth that much considering the missing hole for the tilt lock button.

Also, a note from Orbino in the package saying: sorry for the long overdue shipment would have been nice, if not.. perhaps a discount.

I got neither..

ruprock

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2010
Stitching Coming Out

The stitching on my Orbino ipad case has come out. How do I get this fixed??

Thanks for your help with this repair.

ics55

macrumors regular
May 18, 2010
I just got mine yesterday. It took almost 8 weeks to the day. I must say I agree with many of the previous comments. It's a very nice case, but a bit flimsy in some areas, and probably overpriced for what it is. The volume controls are a little clumsy to use as well. I also have the Vaja Mamut special edition IVolution case, and I think it's built a lot better. I'm starting to wish I ordered a Vaja Agenda, and may just sell the Padova.

ics55

macrumors regular
May 18, 2010
I did decide to sell this case, and I have listed it on Ebay if anyone is interested, just search for Orbino.

Smileyboy

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
I just found this thread... I wish I found it before I ordered from them.

I posted this on the iPhone accessories forum. But here's my issue. I wish I used Amex to pay for it.

I have an Orbino case for my iPhone 6. I've had cases for the 5/5S and they have always been superb.

My iPhone 6 case is about 3 months old. I don't use it everyday, so the leather has just begun to loosen. The case is a little big and the leather is covering the front camera and the phone slides around almost a 1/4 inch from the top to the bottom. I just want the issue fixed.
I've sent them a few emails about the case, including pictures and video.
It's been 10 days and no response.

I'm getting frustrated and I'm really considering calling my credit card company.

I found a phone number on the box it was shipped in and it's basically a number for marketing/selling products for elderly people.
Anyone have any thoughts, experience with Orbino or suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.