Order an MBP on the 26th and it comes with Leopard?

MBHockey

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
New York
Is the first date that an MBP will ship with Leopard on the 26th? (Purchased from Apple Online Store)

Conversely, if I bought it today, i'd be eligible to buy Leopard for $10 as part of the up-to-date program? And that's the retail disc?

And as i understand it, you can't just walk into an Apple Store and get the $10 Leopard upgrade -- you have to mail it out correct?

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2005
All macs will come with Leopard if you by them on the 26th, make sure you have the right timezone :).

I am not sure about the upgrade, but i think you need to get it online.

Comment

chimerical

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2004
What about purchasing a MBP on the 26th from Amazon? Would Leopard come pre-installed? Or is it only Apple Retail?

Comment

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2005
What about purchasing a MBP on the 26th from Amazon? Would Leopard come pre-installed? Or is it only Apple Retail?
Amazon will not have updated macs on the 26th, they are normally a few weeks late. Unless it is an iPod it wont be updated on the same day. Your best best is apple.com or an apple store.

Comment

booksacool1

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2004
Australia
Amazon will not have updated macs on the 26th, they are normally a few weeks late. Unless it is an iPod it wont be updated on the same day. Your best best is apple.com or an apple store.
I agree. Avoid anyone that keeps stock. I'd recommend ordering from apple.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.