Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macfanrutler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
NJ
I ordered two phones through the upgrade program but on the same Verizon wireless account. One for an 11 Pro and the other an 11.

I received an email today that the order (different order number ) was cancelled for the 11 because AT&T couldn’t verify my account. That makes sense since I don’t have an account for them. I thought it was a phishing email but I checked the Apple Store app on the phone and it was, in fact, showing cancelled. I called Apple and they showed the same thing and couldn’t explain how that happened but that I needed to contact Verizon. They then said that when I reorder tomorrow that it should put me back in place for launch day delivery.

Has anyone else had a similar problem.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Are you sure you picked Verizon from the carrier list and not AT&T?

Also, I am not 100 percent sure,. but if you get cancelled, they don't reinsert you in line, you start over. That was the experience of others who reported cancellations.

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
If the order was cancelled, just reorder the 11 for the Verizon network. No sense contacting Verizon as they will show no record of that order for the 11, just the 11 Pro.

Beldarr

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2015
I ordered two phones through the upgrade program but on the same Verizon wireless account. One for an 11 Pro and the other an 11.

I received an email today that the order (different order number ) was cancelled for the 11 because AT&T couldn’t verify my account. That makes sense since I don’t have an account for them. I thought it was a phishing email but I checked the Apple Store app on the phone and it was, in fact, showing cancelled. I called Apple and they showed the same thing and couldn’t explain how that happened but that I needed to contact Verizon. They then said that when I reorder tomorrow that it should put me back in place for launch day delivery.

[doublepost=1568502110][/doublepost]Same thing just happened to me. They said It was through AT&T and my order status does say Verizon which proves it's their fault. After much much arguing that did absolutely nothing for me. I reordered and now my wife and daughters phone will not be here until October. I am furious to say the least

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
This makes me a bit worried. So I ordered my iPhone from the Apple store app and I received my confirmation email and a couple of minutes later I received an email from Apple saying “here is your AT&T installment Agreement” I’m also with Verizon and not with AT&T.

My order is already preparing for shipment and my credit card has been charged.do you think I’m good since it’s preparing for shipment or should I call them?

Attachments

• A7F874B9-90D5-4BB3-90E1-FFB25D0A8B57.jpeg
    A7F874B9-90D5-4BB3-90E1-FFB25D0A8B57.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
This makes me a bit worried. So I ordered my iPhone from the Apple store app and I received my confirmation email and a couple minutes later I received an email saying “here is your AT&T installment Agreement” I’m also with Verizon and not with AT&T.

My order is already preparing for shipment and my credit card has been charged.do you think I’m good since it’s preparing for shipment or should I call them?

Thzt VZW-ATT thing sounds like a glitch in their system, as several have reported it.

Also, the charge is the last step in the verification process before going to shipping. You are probably OK.

macfanrutler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
NJ
If the order was cancelled, just reorder the 11 for the Verizon network. No sense contacting Verizon as they will show no record of that order for the 11, just the 11 Pro.
I did talk to Verizon and they saw nothing and no issues with the account. I’m on hold with Apple again after replacing the order to see if the date can be moved back to the original date.

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
This makes me a bit worried. So I ordered my iPhone from the Apple store app and I received my confirmation email and a couple minutes later I received an email saying “here is your AT&T installment Agreement” I’m also with Verizon and not with AT&T.

I would call them. Because it looks like you signed up for an AT&T account. If you try and activate the phone, you will be stuck being on AT&T,

macfanrutler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
NJ
Are you sure you picked Verizon from the carrier list and not AT&T?

Also, I am not 100 percent sure,. but if you get cancelled, they don't reinsert you in line, you start over. That was the experience of others who reported cancellations.
I’m positive it was Verizon. Here is a screenshot.

Attachments

• 60CFA2F8-714F-4EE3-8B70-D851F7549729.jpeg
    60CFA2F8-714F-4EE3-8B70-D851F7549729.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 407

hugodrax

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2007
Why I always just pick no carrier, unlocked.

Just slip the nano sim to the new phone and your good to go.

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I would call them. Because it looks like you signed up for an AT&T account. If you try and activate the phone, you will be stuck being on AT&T,

That’s the thing, I did not sign up for Verizon. The email clearly states Verizon. I’m chatting with them right now.

Attachments

• D51CCA8B-4E4D-4190-9F4E-9F923A5DA7C4.jpeg
    D51CCA8B-4E4D-4190-9F4E-9F923A5DA7C4.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 271

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
I’m positive it was Verizon. Here is a screenshot.
At least it won't be a long wait. On Verizon it shows Sept 27th as delivery for the 128 GB purple model.
[doublepost=1568503058][/doublepost]
That’s the thing, I did not sign up for Verizon. The email clearly states Verizon. I’m chatting with them right now.
I'm confused because in your post you said you were with Verizon and you got the same thing saying you got that email from AT&T

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
For those of you whose order was canceled. was it already preparing for shipment? I spoke with someone on the Apple chat and they said that because my order is preparing for shipment it is not possible for it to be canceled, he said everything is fine. I wanted to check with you guys because I don't know if I should believe him lol

Wackery

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2015
Does the order explicitly say ‘canceled’, or did it just disappear in the apple store?
My order disappeared then re-appeared.

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
At least it won't be a long wait. On Verizon, it shows Sept 27th as delivery for the 128 GB purple model.
[doublepost=1568503058][/doublepost]
I'm confused because in your post you said you were with Verizon and you got the same thing saying you got that email from AT&T

Well, I am with Verizon and I selected Verizon when I pre-ordered my iPhone. That's why we are all confused because people are being told their accounts couldn't be verified with ATT when people actually selected Verizon.

When I preordered my iPhone I selected Verizon as my carrier, not AT&T, but then I received an email from Apple saying "here is a copy of your AT&T installment" so there is a glitch or something going on. I just hope my order isn't canceled.

tps3443

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2019
NC,USA
Why I always just pick no carrier, unlocked.

Just slip the nano sim to the new phone and your good to go.

No that’s not why. You must’ve had $1500 laying around, that’s why lol. But Why not just finance at 0%? Our entire country is financed!

Also, I ordered through the AT&T app directly during the live pre-order event. Everything went smoothly.

I’m sorry for everyone who’s shipping date was pushed to October. I would’ve been furious.

Reactions: dreamwife

smug

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2010
I received what appeared to be a phishing email that an issue was encountered with my AT&T account. I have Verizon. I selected Verizon, my Verizon account was verified during IUP pre-order, and received confirmation email for my iPhone - Verizon.

Then I checked my pre-order... Status: Canceled.

I contacted Apple and they said to contact Verizon. I contacted Verizon and they had no idea why. I contacted Apple again. This time I was transferred to their “review team” and was told my pre-order was cancelled because it appeared that their system detected two simultaneous orders. Oookay. Foh!

Ended up pre-ordering again, per Apple. So another credit check, another Citizens One Loan. Fortunately, at least for now, pickup from my local Apple Store was available for September 20... guess I’ll have to monitor if my order gets ****ed again.

I still haven’t received any notification that my first pre-order was cancelled — no email, no notification from the Apple Store app... pretty good, Apple!

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I received what appeared to be a phishing email that an issue was encountered with my AT&T account. I have Verizon. I selected Verizon, my Verizon account was verified during IUP pre-order, and received confirmation email for my iPhone - Verizon.

Then I checked my pre-order... Status: Canceled.

I contacted Apple and they said to contact Verizon. I contacted Verizon and they had no idea why. I contacted Apple again. This time I was transferred to their “review team” and was told my pre-order was cancelled because it appeared that their system detected two simultaneous orders. Oookay. Foh!

Ended up pre-ordering again, per Apple. So another credit check, another Citizens One Loan. Fortunately, at least for now, pickup from my local Apple Store was available for September 20... guess I’ll have to monitor if my order gets ****ed again.

I still haven’t received any notification that my first pre-order was cancelled — no email, no notification from the Apple Store app... pretty good, Apple!

What was your order status before it was canceled? Was it ever in “preparing to ship” status? Thanks

mattinyc

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2019

[doublepost=1568511214][/doublepost]SAME thing happened to me! Ordered 2 iphone pros via apple app and got the same stupid email saying they couldn't verify my ATT account when I have verizon. I ordered correctly too, my wifes phone didn't get canceled only mine and they're on the same account! On hold for 1:21 min as of writing this. RUINED my saturday night... We should get more then just "you will be put back in same place in line" BS!

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
[doublepost=1568511214][/doublepost]SAME thing happened to me! Ordered 2 iphone pros via apple app and got the same stupid email saying they couldn't verify my ATT account when I have verizon. I ordered correctly too, my wifes phone didn't get canceled only mine and they're on the same account! On hold for 1:21 min as of writing this. RUINED my saturday night... We should get more then just "you will be put back in same place in line" BS!

Was yours in the preparing to ship status before it happened?

mattinyc

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2019
Was yours in the preparing to ship status before it happened?
I think so since my wifes is showing that. I wasn't looking at it that closely. I didn't think I had to worry. I'll be damned if I'm waiting till october. I ordered Friday morning at like 8:02 so I could get it next friday not the middle of october. STILL waiting for an apple supervisor for 1:28 mins now. Unacceptable after dropping 2500$ with these clowns!

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I think so since my wifes is showing that. I wasn't looking at it that closely. I didn't think I had to worry. I'll be damned if I'm waiting till october. I ordered Friday morning at like 8:02 so I could get it next friday not the middle of october. STILL waiting for an apple supervisor for 1:28 mins now. Unacceptable after dropping 2500$ with these clowns!

That’s messed up. I hope they are able to do something for you since this is obviously a glitch on their system.

mattinyc

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2019
That’s messed up. I hope they are able to do something for you since this is obviously a glitch on their system.
If they dont I'm canceling both phones. It was actually 3261$ for both phones on hold for 1:46 min. This is BBBBSSSS!

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
If they dont I'm canceling both phones. It was actually 3261$ for both phones on hold for 1:46 min. This is BBBBSSSS!

I was able to chat with them quicker through the app. They told me my order was okay and preparing to ship, I told them that I received an email from Apple with my agreement from ATT and I was afraid it would be canceled because I do not have att and he assured me that my order wouldn’t be canceled. I don’t know if I believe them.

Try and chat with them and maybe you’ll get a resolution faster through the chat. You can also keep the chat as proof of whatever they promise you. Just go to your order and scroll down to the chat option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.