Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GameGuru38

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
Ohio
I play Order & Chaos: Online on my iPad Mini and Windows 10 machines so I installed it on my iMac ($7, it didn't let me use my iPad Mini license obviously). When I put in my username and password and hit Login it just says "Connecting ..." forever. Let it go an hour to no avail. Yes my internet connection works, I downloaded it and posting this now on the iMac. What else could be causing this?

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Modern combat 5 on Apple TV won't work either, it keeps telling me to update to the latest version, but there is no more recent one available. I wonder if they didn't update the Mac App Store version of your app either, both being made by gameloft.

kiwipeso1

Suspended
Sep 17, 2001
Wellington, New Zealand
Modern combat 5 on Apple TV won't work either, it keeps telling me to update to the latest version, but there is no more recent one available. I wonder if they didn't update the Mac App Store version of your app either, both being made by gameloft.

Gameloft has been doing badly recently, with the withdrawal from the Auckland studio which made Gameloft have to repay their tech investment grant to the NZ govt earlier this year.
I would suggest that this may be related to both you and the OP's issues with Gameloft servers.

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR

jakeOSX

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2005
last time I checked, the Mac version of O&C did not sync to the current iOS version. Gameloft ported a bunch of games a few years ago to the desktop, and then seemingly abandoned them.

now, it has been a while since I looked, and I could be wrong. but if the Mac version isn't updated, that is probably the issue.

jakeOSX

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2005
appshopper says it is version 1.0.0, last updated in 2012.

I think this has been abandoned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.