Order clarification

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by calzohoudini, Mar 27, 2014.

1. calzohoudini macrumors newbie

Hello. Has anyone encountered their order being stuck in a specific city for a few days without any update to the order tracking page?

I've still not got a tracking number and it's been stuck on LONDON, GL GB for almost 3 days? Contacted Apple but they weren't much use. It may be because the order includes an upgraded MBP 15" and a custom Mac Mini?

Does this mean it's in London or it's on its way to London from China?
    Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. jdblas69 macrumors regular

It says that the items are being dispatched from different locations and once they arrive and are merged together then the order status will be updated and then carrier and tracking information will be provided. Until they all arrive and bundled together I think the status will continue to show as is. Some of the items may have already arrived but are awaiting the rest to complete the order.

3. calzohoudini thread starter macrumors newbie

I realise that they have to collect all items together before shipping but each of the 4 'item' numbers state that it's in London already? Very strange. I'll give it another couple days to see if a tracking number appears.

4. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

That's a nice load of loot there. You've got a Retina Macbook Pro AND an iPad Air AND a Mac mini AND a Macbook Air AND a 27 in Display. :p I think the real reason the order is being held up is to allow me time to figure out how to get it redirected to my house.:D

The item numbers are simply the count of items in your order. I don't think there is any way to tell from that list how many items have arrived at this time.

5. oldhifi macrumors 6502a

oldhifi

I have had Apple orders with no tracking numbers show up within a few days, your safe..

6. calzohoudini thread starter macrumors newbie

Ha! Yes. It's an order for my business but most of the toys are for myself.

7. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

In the US, but I've had orders show 'stuck' in SEATAC and have them show up the next day. I've had orders show shipped with no other tracking, and show up, still showing no tracking except that it was delivered. On a shipping related note, I had an order shipped through the UPS/USPS service take over a week from the SAME STATE that would have been a 3 hour drive!

Shipping involves a lot of faith. You can't be agnostic or an atheist about shipping. You have to 'Keep the Faith'... Crass, but that should be the USPS's motto! :D