order confirmation credit check

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by einmusiker, Feb 3, 2011.

1. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

anyone else waiting on order confirmation? not sure why they dont have people running instant credit checks seems like something that should have been thought out. Are they random?

2. landscapeman macrumors regular

3. macuserjhs macrumors regular

Im still waiting...Ordered mine at 3:08

4. OutGolfn macrumors regular

This happened to mine as well. Said pending credit confirmation. We've been with Verizon for years. Oh well hopefully I'll wake up to a confirmation email.

5. zenio macrumors 6502

To be sure I didn't encounter any problems, I called Verizon two days ago to inquire about tonights process. They said that Apple requires a credit check even for existing customers. So earlier today I had them run my credit and make a note on my acct that all is fine.

As I placed my order tonight the confirmation email came immediately. Within 10 seconds of completing my order.

By now I'm sure the systems on overload like last time. It may take most of the day tomorrow to get all the credit checks done. If your order gets kicked out, they will notify you and you'll have to start over.

A friend of mine went through that with the first iPhone 4. What a pain. The delay caused his delivery date to be pushed back ten days.

6. OutGolfn macrumors regular

My finally went through, took 30 mins to get the confirmation email.

7. einmusiker thread starter macrumors 68030

einmusiker

8. steve dave macrumors 6502a

are credit checks being done for everyone or just for people adding lines?