Order disappeared

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Filipino.Cowboy, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Filipino.Cowboy macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

I placed my order for the new iPad last night, and like many others I never received a confirmation email. I did check many times on the website and my order had been received under my account. This morning however, my order isnt there. My card does have a pending charge from Apple Web Store though. Apple Customer Service doesn't see the order in my account either. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I don't want to order again if it still is in their system somewhere, as a charge has already been place on my card. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

2. Primus Sucks macrumors newbie

i ordered yesterday at 8pm and still havent received a confirmation email.

my order does show up and says "processing order"

hmmm

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Either the order is in there so hidden Apple Customer Service can't find it or it isn't in there.

This is pretty simple. You can wait or you can place another order.
    • Worst case: you wait and end up with no ipad
    • Middle case1: you wait and end up with one ipad
    • Middle case2: you order and end up with two ipads and return one
    • Best case: you order and end up with one ipad

If you don't order, best that happens is you get lucky and get the ghost order delivered. If you do reorder, you definitely get one early and the WORST case is you have to return one.

Easy decision.

Whats on your credit card is likely just an authorization. With no followup charge it'll just fall off.

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Did you get a order number when you finished the ordering process?

If so and you did not get confirmation, you can call with the order number.

I assume you have checked your spam filters.

5. KeithJenner macrumors 6502a

You don't have more than one Apple ID do you? I have two and once before I thought an order had disappeared as I had logged in on the wrong ID.

6. Filipino.Cowboy thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Nah, just the one ID. What's stupid (my part) is that after trying to place my order a million times because their site kept crashing once it went through I didn't even think to save my order number (which I pretty much always do). Lesson learned here. I may just order again, because there is a two iPad limit per customer, it should kick back at some point as I was ordering two at the time.

7. ktmracer350 macrumors member

Somehow when I was trying to pre-order I had 2 orders go through even though I only made it to the last page that loads after you click "place my order" once without crashing. I received 2 different e-mails with 2 different order numbers.

8. Filipino.Cowboy thread starter macrumors newbie

Update

I called Apple Customer Service twice. They searched by credit card, email, and phone number and couldn't find anything. I just checked again before I was going to order again, and now it's there. My card has been charged the full amount as well. Still havent received my confirmation email, but I took a screenshot of the order. Hopefully, if this happens to someone else this may be of some help.