Order from AT&T at 3am, 21-28 days!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by robbie12345, Sep 12, 2014.

1. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

I order two iphone 6+ space gray 64gbs last night as soon as I could possibly get on, because the website kept glitching. The orders went through around 315 and 320 am, I got one order confirmation at 550am and the second one at 730am and both are telling me 4-5 weeks! Would I just be better off canceling the order and waiting in line at Apple or something. This is really ridiculous.

2. CompanionCube macrumors regular

CompanionCube

I orderd 10 minutes early on ATT's website, a 6+ 128gb Gold.

It shows on my confirmation email that it will ship between 10/2 and 10/14??

Also, when I check my order status is says the phone is preparing for shipment, yet there is a line item on my order called "VAR INTANG1" that says "back ordered" ????

WTF is that??

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It may be a buffer for them or it may not be. Stand in line if you desperately need the phone now.

In truth, I've never been in a rush but my issue is now that my phone doesn't ring. That's a bit of an issue for me and thus, I am kind of in the "rushed" camp, but for a decent reason.

4. robbie12345 thread starter macrumors 6502

I just find it ridiculous for me to wait a month when I preordered it the second i was able to. Insanity

5. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

Just like the Gold iPhone 5S, you may find that the 6+ in certain colors and sizes are in very short supply and it's not ATT's fault, it's just a function of the supply chain.

BJ

6. robbie12345 thread starter macrumors 6502

I get it but 5 weeks is insane, if I had known i would've just gone through apple.

7. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

I thought I remembered reading that there were potential supply issues for the 6 plus awhile back, because of the screen or some other components specific to that model. I was actually surprised to see that it was offered at the same time as the 6. As we have seen in the past, Apple can be unpredictable and delays can be long for certain configurations. Remember the white iPhone 4 that took almost a year to actually become available? I'm not saying it's gonna be like that, but this just part of the deal with fancy new gadgets.

8. fotofan macrumors regular

Agree

I wanted to order through Apple but their website was down for 40 minutes and I needed to get some sleep for work. The original estimate of 10-14 days after completing my order through the AT&T store(I was checking both sites) was annoying but grudgingly acceptable. Then I get an email that says 10/14-10/22. Now that is absurd. And people who finally got through Apple around the same time or a little later (3:40 AM EST) have much shorter wait times. And AT&T makes it near impossible to cancel anyway. That isn't acceptable. I woke up at 3 AM and tried my best to get in the que on every avenue I could order through (the app was also glitched) and got screwed again. Very frustrating experience and this seems to happen every year. Just when I think I've figured it out (which is to order straight away through the Apple website) they crash for the first hour and I'm at the end of the line again. GRRRR.

9. Ryanhdd macrumors regular

Just got a text from AT&T saying they have processed my order and it's being sent to their warehouse for shipment. I go check online and it says it's back ordered. And ship dates 10/13-10/22 I guess it's anyone's guess

10. Deguello macrumors 6502

My order status page has a "Cancel Preorder" button. I'm not clicking it to see if it actually works -- I suspect there would be a confirmation step even if it does. I suppose the button is there but doesn't work.

11. pnewelljr macrumors member

I made a total of three orders, two were cancelled by this morning. The other one says preparing to ship when I look at the order status. WTF.

12. entlassen macrumors member

I submitted my order info at www.att.com/wirelessorderstatus and am at the Order Summary page. I don't see a Cancel Preorder button? Can you post a screenshot?

I know there is another order status link for business accounts (instead of the link I just provided)...are you perhaps looking at that site instead?

13. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Yeah, mine too, I was actually surprised they made it so easy to cancel. But like you, I didn't press the button to see what happens. :)

14. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

I had this exact same experience.

Kinda makes me just want to cancel and buy something else.

15. entlassen macrumors member

What's the URL you are checking, the one for business accounts?

16. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

If I recall correctly from the iPhone 5 (last time I used AT&T), many of the pre-orders delivered on launch day despite what it said and the backordered code lifted when the phone actually shipped in China/from staging in the US.

There was an old thread on here with people figuring out their system, but I'm not sure if it still exists. I remember that by the time both mine and my wifes showed as shipped and with a tracking number, it was already on the truck out for delivery.

17. Deguello macrumors 6502

Yes. The discount we get pushes us into the business sphere as far as AT&T is concerned.

18. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Yeah. Not real sure why, it's my personal phone, but like the other person said it's probably because we get the FAN discount through for our employer.

19. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

Any reason why it was cancelled?

20. dragonjinse macrumors 6502

I ordered iP6+ around 3:15..
    Got a confirmation email that I need to wait for 21-28 days! (WTF)
    And then I checked the status on att website. The estimate shipping date is 10/31-11/11.... WHY I PREORDERED AT 3AM!!?

21. Bazilemac macrumors regular

same

22. ktex1968 macrumors member

I ordered from ATT as my Apple app would not allow me to complete the purchase. Purchased (128 SG 6+) completed at 12:33AM PST- and my range is 10/02/14 - 10/13/14. :(

23. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Myzhi

Look on the bright side, you ordered 40 min after me and your date is a week before mine.:mad:

24. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Hahahaha!

And nobody wanted a 5.5" phone? Remember?

25. Bazilemac macrumors regular

Haha everyone wants that version. It's backorder until November!!