ORDER iPad by June 6 - get unlimited after June 7!!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 8CoreWhore, Jun 3, 2010.

1. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

Read the very bottom line in the attached screen grab.

This is a brand new development. It did not say that on Wed June, 2nd. On the 2nd I emailed Jobs and detailed the problem with them advertising the unlimited plan to thousands of new buyers who would receive the iPad after the 7th. I predicted angry customers, returns, and a class action lawsuit for false advertising etc. (I'm not saying my email made a difference, but...) Today the site was updated with this asterisk saying ORDER BY THE 6th. So this is brand new. Apple employees haven't heard of it yet and at&t either. But Apple site says it, so go by that.

Here is a great Q&A with an at&t rep with a few details but NOT regarding this new development.

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/06/02/candid-answers-from-atandt-on-the-new-iphone-data-plans/

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad?mco=OTY2ODA0NQ#

Attached Files:

2. Beaverman3001 macrumors 6502

Right, but will it last without having to renew each month. Really need clarification on that.

3. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

You will only be able to keep the unlimited 3G iPad plan if you sign up for it and leave AUTO-RENEW on. Once you stop your service or change plans, you will not be able to turn it back onto the unlimited plan.

4. 8CoreWhore thread starter macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

The point of my post is... lots of people, myself included, believed that we had missed out on the unlimited option because there's no way to get a new iPad in hand by June 6.

The new policy though is, you only need to ORDER by June 6 to be eligible for the unlimited option when you reeive your iPad late... after June 7. Excellent news.

IT"S NOT TOO LATE!! :D

5. Beaverman3001 macrumors 6502

Right, that is how it is currently understood. I think ATT may back track on that, we shall see.

6. UCBruins macrumors member

I just got off the phone with ATT and I explained I ordered the iPad two weeks ago and won't be getting my iPad until June 10th. The rep had no clue about the iPad plans and transferred me to a supervisor. The supervisor quickly said, "there is nothing we can do!" I love ATT!

7. jreuschl macrumors 6502

This at least keeps those with current orders happy. Wonder if anything will change as far as if you turn off the 3G/change to lower plan, you can still get unlimited again later.

8. diehldun macrumors 6502a

I believe there's another active thread re: this exact issue. Seems like people are getting lots of mixed signals from Apple. The last lady I talked to said that you need to physically be in posession of your iPad and sign up for the unlimited 3G plan BEFORE the said deadline.

In other words: it's too late if you order online now :confused: