Order iPad Pro 9.7 from Amazon?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pintxos, Mar 24, 2016.

1. pintxos macrumors newbie

I’ve traded in a few digital items to Amazon giving me a decent amount of credit to use towards a new iPad.
    I’m thinking of ordering the new iPad Pro 9.7” through Amazon for a few reasons, even though I’ve enjoyed going to launch days at Apple retail stores in the past.
    • Use the accumulated credit to offset the purchase price
    • I typically save on taxes because there is no Amazon presence in my state vs. Apple
    • Equally quick shipping
    So, does anyone have any past evidence of how long it takes for Amazon to have inventory for sale post-launch? I’m looking to gauge if I would be waiting an extra week, or a month, etc. past 3/31 when pre-ordered units from Apple begin arriving.

Any evidence, however anecdotal, would be appreciated!

2. austriak macrumors regular

It has been awhile since this so it may have changed but I knew someone that had a bunch of Amazon gift cards when the ipad air came out. He ended up not buying through Amazon because only 3rd parties were selling on there and they jacked up the price. I don't think Amazon personally sells ipads or warehouses them for others. Hopefully, it has changed since then.

3. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

I agree with the previous poster. If you look at the air 2, it's still not being sold directly from Amazon, just third party sellers. Initially I think these sellers will increase the price until they realize that for once this apple release isn't supply constricted. Might be a month or more.

4. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

I think along with the Apple TV, and don't quote me on this, but Amazon is not selling iPads anymore?
    Or at the very least, as someone mentioned, you just get third party thieves charging taxes and some cut % extra.

If you look at most products, Amazon even holds a pre-order stage in most cases (e.g Playstation VR), but nothing for Apple anymore (if ever).
    So much that when looking at Apple prices I never check Amazon, I check B&H, Best Buy, Apple's and so on but never Amazon anymore.

5. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Amazon has never sold the iPad and iPhone directly. It's always been just third-party sellers.