Order iphone 6+ now, advise?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RGT70, Oct 2, 2014.

  1. RGT70 macrumors newbie

    Sep 18, 2014
    I haven't place the order yet. I plan to go with ATT NEXT. Since it seems that apple store also has ATT NEXT option. Shall I order on apple store or on ATT website? any difference? or advise?

    Also 16G or 64G? would 16G too small? I'm not a heavy user, and rarely have large files stored on phone. Usually the largest space is occupied by photos. But I heard that the new update of iOS 8 consumes large space while upgrading. Would there be any concern for system space in the future?

    Thank you!
  2. Ramio macrumors 6502a


    Sep 13, 2011
    Houston, TeXas
    I would go with Apple. They have more stock and will be able to ship faster I think. Also, if there is an issue, it's easier dealing with Apple than AT&T. As far as memory goes, get the 64gb. You get four times the storage for $100 more. Even if you don't download much stuff, doesn't take that much to fill up 10gb with videos and pics.
  3. RGT70 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Sep 18, 2014
    Thank you Ramio. I would go with Apple then. You are right, $100 for 4 times of storage would definitely worth it.
  4. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

    Feb 22, 2009
  5. JeremyE macrumors regular

    Mar 16, 2012
    I ordered through Apple on 9/19 and still have 18 days left for my estimate. Some people are just walking into stores and getting them though.
  6. skierbri10 macrumors member

    Sep 25, 2009
  7. mjb59463, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014

    mjb59463 macrumors 6502

    Jan 10, 2012
    Ordered today, delivery time of Oct 30-Nov 6 from Apple.com
    Ordering via either Apple or AT&T sounds like a pretty long wait at this point for the 6+. Still, AT&T's pre-order process for the new devices has been poor judging from some of the threads on here, so my vote for you would be to order from Apple.

    I'll echo the opinion of others who posted before me : the 64 GB is really the way to go as far as value and adjusting to possible needs in the future.
  8. TRC-WA macrumors regular

    Sep 26, 2014
    I'd agree... Except for the part about 64gb. Yeah you get 4x the storage for $100 more but why not get 8x for $200 more?

    Over the course of 2 years $200 is nothing...
  9. epphllps macrumors 6502

    Mar 13, 2011
    West TN
    Order iphone 6+ now, advise?

    I posted this in another thread but it's moving so fast it will probably get overlooked but here goes.

    I need some opinions. I preordered a gold 6 64GB and received it, but have been tempted by the plus. I finally snatched one for full price from an Apple Store nearby. Let's just say it was a hefty price to pay as I used my upgrade for the 6. I'm kind of torn on what I should which includes the following ideas:

    1. Return the 6 and let my upgrade eligibility return and then order a 6+ from Apple using my upgrade pricing and wait however long it takes to get a 6+ from Apple.

    2. Keep the 6, as the return deadline is tomorrow, and sell it for around full retail price and counter the costs of the off contract 6+.

    I also have my 5s to sell and I'm selling my iPad mini bc after using a 6+ I am okay with giving it up based on my usage habits. I would prefer to return both phones and order using my Verizon upgrade pricing, but it looks like if I order it from the Apple Store I will be waiting quite a long time.

    Key point: I am on Verizon unlimited and if I upgrade and pick up in store I'll lose it. If I upgrade and have it shipped to me then I can just insert my current sim and not lose my unlimited plan. That is what is causing me to ask what you guys might do in this scenario combined with the waiting times. As always, thanks for the advice.
  10. Nate. macrumors regular


    Oct 7, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    1. I got the 16, and I store everything I need on my phone, and everything else in iCloud. I stream most music, and Netflix, so I don't need to store that much of either. Works for me. Whatever works for you though, only you can know.

    2. Do NOT order from AT&T, whatever you do. Do not. Take it from me, you will go through hell and back, and the only reason you're going back is to cancel the order on the thing. Order from Apple if you must... but

    3. I just walked into a store and bought one. Honestly call stores near you (especially TARGET and Radio Shack) and see if they have any in stock, you'd be surprised.
  11. RGT70 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Sep 18, 2014
    Thank you for your suggestion, especially for not ordering from AT&T. :)
  12. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

    Newtons Apple

    Mar 12, 2014
    Jacksonville, Florida
  13. RGT70 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Sep 18, 2014
    Saw a lot of posts against ATT"s pre-ordering. LOL.
  14. awtryau89 macrumors 6502

    Aug 7, 2010
    Here is what I did. I chased a 6+ for a week and got tired of just missing out. Then I pre-ordered the one I wanted through Apple with a delivery estimate of 10/30-11/3. The I went to iStocknow.com and set up alerts for the exact phone I wanted and chose all of the Apple stores near and where I traveled to. I was very fortunate that one came available quickly and I just went directly the that Apple store and stood in a short line and snagged it.

    Here's the reason I recommend you do this. When pre-ordering through Apple, even using the Next plan or Verizon Edge, Apple can immediately cancel that order in store and you can buy the phone you want there. If you order through AT&T or Verizon, only they can cancel and it sometimes takes up to 24 hours for your account to be released for the upgrade. Just be sure to not cancel your order through Apple until the Apple rep puts the new phone in your hand.

Share This Page

14 October 2, 2014