Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danilotron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
Few days ago I posted a similar thread on this forum, asking about the order limit on iphone 6 through the online store. I'm about to order eight iphone 6 unlock from apple.com but they have a limit of 2 per customer. I can't call the number they provide for higher quantity orders because I'm outside the US. Also, they don't provide live chat to users outside the US.

I want to know if there is any way around this, some users recommended to simply try it with different credit cards or apple id, but I don’t like spending $5000+ US without knowing if my order will be delayed or canceled. I like to know what will happen before doing something that involves money.

Anyway, I'm simply looking for someone who already spoke with apple and know the way around this.

Any Help is very much appreciated.

-Dani

Last edited:

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Few days ago I posted a similar thread on this forum, asking about the order limit on iphone 6 through the online store. I'm about to order eight iphone 6 unlock from apple.com but they have a limit of 2 per customer. I can't call the number they provide for higher quantity orders because I'm outside the US. Also, they don't provide live chat to users outside the US.

I want to know if there is any way around this, some users recommended to simply try it with different credit cards or apple id, but I don’t like spending $5000+ US without knowing if my order will be delayed or canceled. I like to know what will happen before doing something that involves money.

Anyway, I'm simply looking for someone who already spoke with apple and know the way around this.

-Dani

Does Apple not sell phones in your country?

Danilotron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
only authorized resellers here. high priced iphones or no iphones at all

Last edited:

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012

-Dani

They won't even ship to your country so why bother?

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
They won't ship outside the US, if you're wanting to scalp them do what the other scalpers do, hire people to stand in line and buy a bunch.

Also assuming you have someone ship them to you you are likely to have to pay tax on them when they arrive in your country so you will lose most of the difference in price there.

Danilotron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
They won't ship outside the US, if you're wanting to scalp them do what the other scalpers do, hire people to stand in line and buy a bunch.

Also assuming you have someone ship them to you you are likely to have to pay tax on them when they arrive in your country so you will lose most of the difference in price there.

I do have someone to ship them to me, and i also have a contact in my country, so price will be very nice for me. Back to the topic, anyone have any good suggestion?

----------

They won't even ship to your country so why bother?

I have someone to ship them to me.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Order 2 at a time. Different Apple IDs. Different credit cards.

The only way "around" this I can think of is to have a friend in the US order them for you with a US address.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Most people said in the other thread you posted to order 2 at a time. This really annoys me to be honest about it. You're just one of the reasons the people in the U.S. cannot even get an iPhone 6/6 Plus, is because of scalpers or unauthorized 3rd party resellers buying up all available stock.

Danilotron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
Order 2 at a time. Different Apple IDs. Different credit cards.

The only way "around" this I can think of is to have a friend in the US order them for you with a US address.

that's my option #1. Order the eight iphones from 4 different apple id with 4 different credit card. Problem is, same shipping and billing address will apply to all the orders.

burgman

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2013
Why exactly are we helping scalpers now?

Just ignore them, some people think they are more entitled to buy a consumer product than others. Now that in the USA prices have fallen for iPhone resales, have you looked at EBay?

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Why exactly are we helping scalpers now?

I'm not so sure he's a scalper. I think he's just a guy who wants 8 phones. Could be for family. How do I know? I have a neighbor who used to buy a few unlocked here for family in India every year.

Danilotron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
Just ignore them, some people think they are more entitled to buy a consumer product than others. Now that in the USA prices have fallen for iPhone resales, have you looked at EBay?

I do ignore them burgman, trolls are everywhere :p, I am not a fan of ordering expensive product anywhere that is not directly from the supplier (Apple.com in this case). I already checked ebay and amazon, I didn't find any iphone 6 unlock for a decent price. And if I did, i would have my doubts on ordering them.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
that's my option #1. Order the eight iphones from 4 different apple id with 4 different credit card. Problem is, same shipping and billing address will apply to all the orders.

What I meant was to ask your US-based friend to call the Apple 800 number and order 8 phones for you.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
First he wants 10 and now another 8 :rolleyes:

Btw isnt there a import tax in your country? How does that look going through customs, honestly

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Just like a new born baby there's one born every minute. ;)

I never said I hadn't considered the notion that he's not one, either. I pretty much don't care either way. The phones have been out for over 2 months. Anyone in the U.S. with enough determination has bought one already if they wanted it. Hell, I've bought 7 of them since pre-order.

3 iPhone 6 (64/128/128)
4 iPhone 6 plus (64/128/128/128)

All colors. ;)

Only kept 3 of them. Only 3 of us here at home wanted them and 2 of those were defective. The other 2 I decided against in favor of the plus.

Soooo...my point is... I don't care why the OP wants iPhones. I'm telling him how to legally buy them.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
First he wants 10 and now another 8 :rolleyes:

Btw isnt there a import tax in your country? How does that look going through customs, honestly

Likely he lives in a third world country where there is plenty of corruption. He says he has a contact, likely with the customs service who in exchange for a bit of cash probably far less than the import tax lets the phones in the country without an inspection.

Danilotron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
Likely he lives in a third world country where there is plenty of corruption. He says he has a contact, likely with the customs service who in exchange for a bit of cash probably far less than the import tax lets the phones in the country without an inspection.

Corruption is everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.