Order now, activate later?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Konz, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Konz macrumors regular

I didn't want to order a new 3G S right away, but the Bing 35% cash back is pretty tempting so I was wondering if I can order now and activate it later? Or do they start billing you for the contract rate as soon as your iPhone arrives? I originally figured I'd wait at least a few weeks and see what people thought once they were actually using them for a while.

I'm still on Verizon, although my contract ended in May...

2. senorfrog97 macrumors regular

I'm interested in the answer to this as well. When exactly does the billing period begin? The day you activate your phone? Is there a time limit to activate?

3. KidFresh macrumors regular

Which phone do you have with Verizon? I made the jump over to the iPhone less than a month ago.

4. Konz thread starter macrumors regular

I don't have anything comparable to the iPhone, just the second version of the chocolate.

Verizon really doesn't offer anything like the iPhone... not even anything that has good web browsing from what I've read of their internet capable phones.

5. KidFresh macrumors regular

While VZW doesn't offer any phone that is as capable for web-browsing as the iPhone, it's data network (as I now know) is noticeably faster. For a few months, I was using a tethered Moto Q as my primary ISP.

Did a quick search and found this...

http://www.mobilewhack.com/30-days-to-activate-your-3g-iphone-or-else/

I'll assume that AT&T's policy hasn't changed.