order now or wait until after memorial day holiday

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sossity, May 27, 2010.

1. Sossity macrumors 65816

I am in the US, & am about ready to order a MBP from the apple store, but with memorial day coming up, could there be a confusion or screw up on my order? would it be better to wait after the holiday weekend? the mail in my neighborhood is not the most reliable anyway, it is an odd unpopular route, we often get our mail later in the day or afternoon. Holidays can be worse, sometimes our mail just gets lost or a very long delay.

My front yard is somewhat cluttered & hard to get too as well, I would not want UPS to deliver to another address; there is another home in my neighborhood with the same house number as mine & our mail has been delivered there, & I have received that home's mail as well. Mix ups usually happen when a new mail delivery person has been assigned to my neighborhood.

2. gingafeet macrumors newbie

um yah, I'm not sure if anyone can tell you what to do.

If you think the holiday affects the length and quality of delivery to your neighbourhood, then wait. or clean up the front yard?? :rolleyes:

or go to an apple store if there are any near you?
    either enjoy ur new toy whenever you get it ;)

3. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

Apple does not ship USPS, they ship FedEx. Your order would ship either Friday of this week or Tuesday of next week, would be my guess.

Why not call Apple and ask them about delivery times. Or visit an Apple store near you if there is one.

4. Sossity thread starter macrumors 65816

will apple require fedex to need a signature for delivery? if nobody is home while it is delivered, do they take it for you to pick up at the post office?

5. thewireman macrumors regular

thewireman

Yes, Fedex will need your signature before they can drop it off. You can go to your Apple account and get "pre-sign" and post it on your front door or whatever. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, they will leave a note and come back in the next day.

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

post office? Don't you mean the FedEx depot?

7. Sossity thread starter macrumors 65816

is there a pre sign button somewhere on my apple account? where would I find it? & what is it?

do you have any idea what times fedex does their deliveries?

if fedex cannot get a signature at the door, how many attempted deliveries do they do before I would have to pick it up at the post office?