Order of fullscreen applications

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by WouterVdb, Jul 18, 2012.

1. WouterVdb macrumors newbie

Hey, my question is one about the order of fullscreen applications.

When i open Itunes, Safari and Mail, and make all three go to fullscreen, they go to the right of the last desktop, in the same order as in wich i have opened them.

Now, i want the order to be Safari -> Itunes -> Mail, anytime, so that for example Safari will still come first, even if i open it as last of the three, so that i don't always have to drag them into place, every time again.

I hope you onderstand what i'm trying to say.

Kind regards

2. rbrian macrumors 6502a

rbrian

Use a four-finger swipe up to get to Mission Control, then simply drag the full screen apps (the top section) into whichever order you like. You can't put anything to the left of the desktop though.

3. WouterVdb thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your comment. However, the way you described i should replace my fullscreen apps, is the way i already do it. But when i close one of them, and re-open it, it automatically goes to the most left of the apps, and i want it in the middle of the three apps, per example. Anyway to assign spots or so to these apps so they automatically open in the right place?

4. rbrian macrumors 6502a

rbrian

Ah, I see what you mean. I should have read you first post more carefully. I don't think there's any way to do this at the moment. Perhaps mountain lion will make it possible, perhaps not.

If not, it looks like there's an app for that (or will be soon): http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1371730

5. WouterVdb thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much. I'll certainly have a look at that!