Order of info in contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steven Jackson, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Steven Jackson macrumors 6502

Hi,

I have several contacts with quite extensive contact data. Being an anally retentive pedant, I really want to control the order in which that data is presented.

Currently phone numbers, e-mail addresses, and physical addresses are illogically ordered.

For phone numbers I want:
    Home
    Mobile
    Work
    Work Mobile

For addresses I want:
    Home
    Work

Etc, etc, etc.

Anybody have any idea how to do this. I'm pretty sure it can't be done on the phone itself, so I'm probably going to have to do it in OS X Address Book, but I can't seem to find an easy way.

Steve.

2. Steven Jackson thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, after a bit of fiddling I've found out how to re-order items is oS X Address Book (using the Template tab in Preferences)...

However, I have been unable to replicate these changes on the iPhone. I have synced, erased the phone and synced, erased and restored... everything I can think of and my contacts are still disappointingly muddled.

Suggestions may avoid me pulling out any more hair...

Steve.

3. j.dunning macrumors newbie

I went through this same dilemma a couple of months back. I tried everything! I even tried erasing all my contacts and inputing the data in the order I wanted it in. That didn't work either. Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

4. Steven Jackson thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm still trying to find an answer to this problem... Can anyone help?

I've deleted all contacts and re-added them. Doesn't make any difference.

Steve

5. Robb315 macrumors member

Yeah that bothered me a little also. I went into the contacts on the phone and manually fixed it by entering the information in the order I wanted it. It was a royal PITA.