Order of or Filtering Open In Apps List

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by epicmar, Oct 10, 2013.

1. epicmar macrumors regular

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the order of the apps that get displayed when you select an attachment in iOS 7 native mail app to open in another app? The app I most frequently want to move an attachment to is way to the right in the list of about 25 apps that could receive the attachment. I know I can remove apps from the list by deleting the apps from my iPad, but I actually use most of them. Obviously, I have the same issue when using the open in function to move a file from one iPad app to another iPad app.

I would be nice to be able to toggle/filter in settings which app should come up and the order based on file type.

2. Crazy Badger macrumors 65816

Crazy Badger

I've been trying to do this today but no solution. Part of my solution was removing some of the apps I don't actually use that clutter the list but it would be nice if you could reorder them and have the most used ones first. Any ideas, other than removing and reinstalling the apps?

3. epicmar thread starter macrumors regular

Surely Apple must have thought about this - I open attachments from emails most frequently in an app that is 23rd in a list of 37 apps (at least for PDFs). I don't want to delete the other apps as I either use them occasionally or they are apps that I think have promise and I want them on my iPad so I can check them out further as they are updated.