order of playlists on 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by psywzrd, Jun 26, 2009.

1. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I noticed that my playlists are in a different order on my 3GS compared to my "pre 3.0" 3G as well as my 2nd gen Touch (not updated to 3.0 either). The order of the playlists used to be #'s first, then alphabetical order - now it's alphabetical first and playlists that begin with #'s last. Is this a 3.0 thing? If so, is there any way to change it?

2. countach macrumors regular

Yes, it's damned annoying isn't it?

A number of years ago Apple changed the sort order of songs to put numbers and symbols last. I suspect this is a move to make the order of playlists consistent with this.

Trouble is, regular iPods and iTunes don't follow that scheme, so everybody is going to be pissed off one way or the other.

3. dlemmon macrumors regular

speaking from a programming POV symbols and numbers should come first and lower case before upper. There's a whole chart for which character equals which number in computer programming. this is all I remember from my high school class. not to mention the alphabetizing I had to do when I worked at blockbuster.

it's also annoying that sometimes when you use the number 1 it gets put after 9 and before 10. then you have to go back through and add 01 and 02 to everything.

4. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks for the responses guys. It should be easy enough for Apple to give us an option in Settings that allows us to choose how we would like our playlists sorted, right? They probably won't do it but it sure would be nice...