Order of TV shows?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by D1G1T4L, Apr 4, 2011.

1. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I encoded some TV show and put them on my iPad. Everything transferred fine but when I load videos and click the television tab all the episodes are mixed up. I checked the info on them in iTunes and all of them have episode number and season but they just show up in random order.

Anyone know how to fix this? How does the iPad sort videos?

2. grapejoos macrumors member

You may want to try giving the episodes track numbers in iTunes in the "Info" tab as well as episode numbers. That fixed a similar problem for me on my iPhone. Really annoying how much you have to enter in when tagging up videos you encode.

3. greenemg macrumors newbie

If you go into the get info screen on a right click, there is a sorting tab. You can assign season and episode numbers, as well as sort names if you like.

4. D1G1T4L thread starter macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Should I change the Sort Show option? I used MetaX to pull this data so not sure.

[​IMG]

5. guinness8878 macrumors member

guinness8878

Video Tab

Make sure you go to the video tab, type in the episode number & season number there as well.

6. D1G1T4L thread starter macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I've got the episode and season populated in that tab also. No clue why they won't sort correctly.

7. Jayling macrumors newbie

Jayling

D1G1T4L, in addition to setting the Season and Episode numbers in the Video tab, I also put information under the Info tab. This makes all my seasons and episodes show up correctly.

Under Info, I put in the Name of the show and year, along with the Album Artist. Then where it says Track Number that's where I put the Episode number, for example it's Episode 6 in the photo. And below that the Album name which also has the Season number, then Disc Number 1 of 1.

[​IMG]

Maybe give that a try and see if it sorts out your Seasons and Episodes properly. Good Luck :)

8. greenemg macrumors newbie

You can go the info tab route. If you set up the Sort Name on the sort tab to be something along the lines of S01E01, S01E02, etc. for the show it should take care of it as well.