Order on Apple.com and cancel if found in person?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AR15MBP, Sep 26, 2014.

1. AR15MBP macrumors regular

As the title states, I'm thinking of ordering a Plus on Apple.com and continuing my search locally. This has been brutal and I'm about to give up and wait for the online order. Has anyone done this method, and if they have found their phone in a store and cancelled the online order, have there been any issues or headaches canceling the order from Apple.com? Clearly this would be prior to shipping, and the carrier would be Verizon. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

you can cancel anytime its in the Processing stage, once its marked Preparing to be Shipped or Shipped you have to let the order get delivered than do a return either online or the nearest apple store

3. AR15MBP thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the input. Turns out you can not reserve for pick up in a store if you have an outstanding order on Apple.com. You either have to cancel the order, or pick up as a new number and deal with it at the store. FYI for all.

4. JeremyE macrumors regular

Just to add to this quick. If you are using an upgrade or transferring a number from another account and cancel it may take a while to go back in the system that you can upgrade or transfer. I am in this boat and they say you shouldn't cancel and go pick one up the same day as it may not register that you even have an upgrade.