Order online OR in store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lomafor, May 26, 2010.

1. lomafor macrumors member

lomafor

Hi, I placed my order for 15" MBP, with a 8GB ipod touch and Canon printer online using student discount yesterday morning.

The order status right now is:
    Not Yet Shipped
    Ships: within 24 hours
    Delivers: May 26 - May 29

Apple didn't even send me a confirmation email as they said they would.

This is my first Mac. I am pretty excited and I want to get it as soon as possible. Also, my summer school start at June 1. I won't be at home after that. So, basically I need to get it this week ends.

I am in New York, Brooklyn.

Guys, do you think is there will be a huge delay as it happened to others who ordered when the i5/i7 came out? should I cancel my order and buy it in store? If I buy it in store, will I get my Mac right away or I still need to wait just like ordering online? Do i still have student discount and rebate for ipod and printer ?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There's no need to cancel your order. It will arrive when they say it will arrive.

3. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

Not if it's sitting in the "not yet shipped" status. Mine has said that for a few days and the estimated delivery dates just keep getting pushed back.

4. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

if your not building a CTO order, then go into the store and buy one. otherwise wait, cause you wont have any other choice. patience is key! i waited since december for one of these. so if i can do it, you can do it! just buy urself something that you will need for your mbp, like a mouse, case, cleaning solution whatever to occupy your wait :)

5. geestring macrumors newbie

do apple stores have different builds in stock like with ssd and 17" with i7?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The OP just ordered his yesterday, so that's not the case.

7. gup91 macrumors newbie

I as well ordered mbp, ipod, incase, and printer yesterday and the ipod and case shipped yesterday and the mbp and printer still say not shipped yet so I'm not sure what the deal is with apple's shipping you'd think it would be better to ship everything at once..just my .02 cents

8. lomafor thread starter macrumors member

lomafor

Thanks for the advice. I just tried to cancel the order, it told me so:

but the status still shown Not Yet Shipped.
    They just sent me a Ack email for my order.

well, just seconds ago, it changed to

Prepared for Shipment

I guess I am good.

9. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

My MacBook Pro took 4 days to come from Aussie to New Zealand (where I live). THats pretty good, considering I didn't order online.

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

See? No worries! I know, it's hard to wait!

11. Childhood macrumors newbie

I ordered MBP 15in i7 yesterday, and still is : Not yet shipped.

12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Be patient. It will ship.

13. hypebeast macrumors newbie

What is the difference between ordering a machine online as opposed to buying it in store? I have heard that if you buy in store you will be getting one that has been laying around for a while, whereas when you order online, they build it when your order goes in. Would it make any difference if I got a base 13" in store as opposed to online?

14. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There's no difference, if you order the same unit. It's just that if you want custom options (more RAM, anti-glare display, bigger hard drive, SSD, etc.) you have to order it online, since the stores don't keep all configurations in stock.

15. lcseds macrumors 6502a

If you have spent any time in an Apple store, you would see that not many products are "laying around for a while". Everyone seems to leave with some new toy. Apple has got the marketing stuff NAILED.

16. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

It worked out for him, which is great, but this statement doesn't make sense. Mine was supposed to ship in "24 hours" with a delivery date of May 26-June 3. I checked the next day and it was May 27 - June 4. Now it has been pushed back again, still in the "not yet shipped" status, and will supposedly deliver between May 28 - June 7.

Just saying that their shipping estimates are just that, estimates.

17. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you call to find out why?

18. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

I haven't yet, but I will probably call tomorrow. The only thing I can think of is that they have too many orders to fill, or because of the deep discount i got, they put my computer on lower priority.

19. Childhood macrumors newbie

I asked the Apple employee, they told me that ships with 24h is ready to deliver from warehouse...looks like it beyonds 24h now...

20. lomafor thread starter macrumors member

lomafor

My orders has been pushed back 1 day to May 26-Jun 1 and now IT WAS SHIPPED. Delivery on May 27 which is Today!:)

I hope all you guys who are still getting "not yet shipped" will get your orders ship pretty soon. Good luck!

21. hypebeast macrumors newbie

Is there anything wrong with getting these machines? Around how old would they be when I first get it?

22. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, there's nothing wrong with getting them. When you custom order, they're built in Shanghai and shipped directly to you, so they're just a few days old when you get them.

23. JamesMcCain macrumors member

JamesMcCain

Well I wouldn't cancel the order, however since the promotion just started so there might be a small increase in sales causing a small delay in orders. Generally, with my online orders with Apple have never been in a decent manner (that being said when I do buy things online from Apple, there generally new model releases, so there is a big demand in the first place). That being said I know this ordering it and not expecting it the first possible date listed.

If you want it in a rush (future Apple orders) I'd always suggest getting in store because its a now product, as suppose to waiting for shipment.

24. Childhood macrumors newbie

My order status is still: NOT YET SHIPPED. Tried to call them....no one answered...they are so busy

25. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

Mine took over 4 days to flip over to "prepared for shipment" so I'm guessing they're backlogged something wicked.