Order online or wait for Apple Retail Store

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by LoveToMacRumors, Apr 13, 2015.

1. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

Should I order online and wait 4-6 weeks for shipping, which is a looong time, or wait for the Macbook to be available at Apple Retail Stores and buy directly from the Apple store? which could take less than 4 weeks... or not..

2. moxxey macrumors regular

Why not do both? I have in the past.

Order online, they don't charge your card until shipping and, if you can get it in store sooner, buy and cancel your online order!

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I think they will be in stores this week. Most will be for people who chose in store pick up, but there will be some left for sale.

----------

this is what I would do.

4. keviig macrumors 6502

Order one online, if they get available in the retail store before that you go there and buy it, and cancel your online order.

*i see someone beat me to it.

5. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Yeah, like others have said, there's no real downside to ordering online. It's a bit annoying that Apple doesn't know what their own supply chain is doing. That's what always gets me about Apple. Do they not have contracts with SLAs that protect them from this sort of blunder? I get it if there's a couple day delay in getting them in stores, but Apple has never released a product only available online on launch day. Something stinks about this.